Great Train Robbers v Great Bank Robbers (soap box)

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elle

Re: Great Train Robbers v Great Bank Robbers (soap box)

Post by Elle »

Anyone see the ch4 prog "how the rich get richer" the other night?
I didn't really need a programme to tell me this but some of the facts were interesting.

This country - the media, the government - are really good at directing public attention from what's really happening & are happy to point out the corruption in other countries. But the people at the top in the UK are just as corrupt & many of the rich in this country aren't british and don't contribute to our tax system.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Elle

that's why we have wars as well lots of money to be made and it stir up the public and keeps their minds of the real games

Off topic will be in NZ for Xmas mate on a bike (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
efayce191

Post by efayce191 »

We should have got rid of all our lot when the french did.
yamahafjr1300!

Post by yamahafjr1300! »

Only in the UK would you be able to fiddle expenses and not only keep your job, but get a pay rise above inflation! The rich get richer and the poorer just have to watch it happen! Feed up of being told the recession is coming to an end!
But lets all keep smiling.
Alan..
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Dutchgit wrote:I'm keeping away from any news, be it telly, papers, radio or owt.
It makes life better for me. I don't get wound up about all the rubbish that goes on in the world.
I'm not able to do anything about it so I'll ignore it.
A lifestyle choice I've made recently. It really does work and makes for a far happier bunny.

If I do get irritated by something, and I feel the need, I say my piece and that's the end of it, then just walk away smiling.
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

I for one have every confidence that our Ed (milliband) will make big changes to this country if elected, given his upbringing.It's no good critisising all the public schoolboys that run this country and then not voting for the other guy. Just a pity people now vote with an X-factor mentality. (thumbs)
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

peterekins wrote:I for one have every confidence that our Ed (milliband) will make big changes to this country if elected, given his upbringing.It's no good critisising all the public schoolboys that run this country and then not voting for the other guy. Just a pity people now vote with an X-factor mentality. (thumbs)
I think you're right.
He's not a slick speaker but so what.
I trust him & that's a big compliment for any politician.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

peterekins wrote:I for one have every confidence that our Ed (milliband) will make big changes to this country if elected, given his upbringing.It's no good critisising all the public schoolboys that run this country and then not voting for the other guy. Just a pity people now vote with an X-factor mentality. (thumbs)

Milliband? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's depriving a village somewhere of an idiot!
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

Crossrutted wrote:

I get the irony, but what's your masters in? He's no idiot, and his education wasn't bought and payed for it was earned at a comprehensive.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

peterekins wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:

I get the irony, but what's your masters in? He's no idiot, and his education wasn't bought and payed for it was earned at a comprehensive.
You don't teach "The politics of social justice" @ Harvard if you're a dunce.
He's a chance for the ordinary people of this country. Let's hope we don't miss it.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.

Return to “THE PUB”