Great Train Robbers v Great Bank Robbers (soap box)

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
picos mestizo

Great Train Robbers v Great Bank Robbers (soap box)

Post by picos mestizo »

The establishment gave "the great train robbers" 20 years.
When are they going to prosecute "the great bank robbers 1 (LIBOR fixing)" & "the great bank robbers 2 (FOREX rigging)"

Firstly let me say that Thatcher said Britains future lay with the financial institutions & services of the City of London.
Now all the scams have come to light will we still be able to fund the future wealth of this country from these institutions........I think not.

The banks, the financial institutions, & the establishment turned a blind eye to it all from way back in 1988 when the barrow boy mentality dealers got there dealer boards & started running the show.
Why wouldn't they, they were filling their coffers from these ill gotten gains & whilst the paper still showed ++++++'s they were'nt going to pry it's source.

Aren't we all still waiting for the results of all the investigations to be acted upon, or do they hope we will forget when it can all be swept under the carpet.

Some people in high office are taking the piss.
Let's hope Mark Carney starts playing up a bit more because the rest of them just want it all to go away so they can get on with the very hard work of politics. :whistle:
Rant over.......thanks for the breathing space.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Mike101

Re: Great Train Robbers v Great Bank Robbers (soap box)

Post by Mike101 »

No MP will ever go after big business in the UK.

To find why all you need do is lok at what MP's do when they retire or loose their seat...they go and sit on the boards of mutiple companies.

This is a fact pure and simple...most of John Majors cabinet went to have long and very fruitful times earning a of of money using their contacts etc on various companies boards.

These people are not stupid...we all know you don't bite the hand that feeds you..!!!!

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

They don't wait till they retire a lot work on company boards as well as being MP's, they become MP's as a way of getting these positions. Who are the fools those for doing it or us for letting them. The city puts a massive amount of money into the GDP

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Redmurty wrote: The city puts a massive amount of money into the GDP.........cheers Spud ;)
I agree & that is why a lot of countries would love to gain some of that dominance.
But is it funny money much of which is obtained by cheating.
Which is why the prosecution of crooked bankers is not high on the poriority list.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
threepot

Post by threepot »

Nothing will be done. Governments are only in power to look after the 'rich',and 'bankers'(and a war or two along the way). Look at Mr Tony Blair's connections..A directorship with Morgan Stanley.Worth £.5m yr!!
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Off on the MP Tangent but I firmly believe that MPs should get paid more...keep reading, dont chuck stuff at screen!
Pay them £100k BUT they are not able to have any other job/directorship etc
They are also forbidden from buying a 2nd home and it being paid for by US The Taxpayers. Instead, put them up in a big tower block with a load of 1 bedroom basic apartments. This would make it very easy to provide security and if sighted somewhere near a tube, it'd be cheap for travelling as well (they pay that themselves, like the rest of us) The cheap subsidized bar and restaurant get a price hike to bring them in line with the national average price for beer wine and G and T...and food.
We're all in it together. Wankers
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Boris for mayor :laugh:

I like your style but to an mp that would be bangers n mash without the huge jug of gravy. Far too many of them living it large on subsidies, while banging on about cutting benefits to the desperate
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

boristhebold wrote:Off on the MP Tangent but I firmly believe that MPs should get paid more...keep reading, dont chuck stuff at screen!
Pay them £100k BUT they are not able to have any other job/directorship etc
They are also forbidden from buying a 2nd home and it being paid for by US The Taxpayers. Instead, put them up in a big tower block with a load of 1 bedroom basic apartments. This would make it very easy to provide security and if sighted somewhere near a tube, it'd be cheap for travelling as well (they pay that themselves, like the rest of us) The cheap subsidized bar and restaurant get a price hike to bring them in line with the national average price for beer wine and G and T...and food.
We're all in it together. Wankers
Totally agree

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

picos mestizo wrote: Now all the scams have come to light will we still be able to fund the future wealth of this country from these institutions........I think not.
All the scams?
We've barely scratched the surface! :(
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Guy Fawkes anyone ?

I'm keeping away from any news, be it telly, papers, radio or owt.
It makes life better for me. I don't get wound up about all the rubbish that goes on in the world.
I'm not able to do anything about it so I'll ignore it.
No, I don't vote either because I'd be voting for just another bunch of money grabbing liars.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.

Return to “THE PUB”