Around Jo'burg

xuesheng

Around Jo'burg

Post by xuesheng »

Hi, I just wanted to share a bad experience I had recently when I rented a bike with a group from "Explore SA/Maree". We rented 3 GS1200 bikes and the 3 had problems, some of them from lack of basic maintenance. This company is a moms and pops type of operation (elderly couple's own bikes, and not well maintained) and considering the choice around Jo'burg I would stay clear off them. My personal opinion, freely given.
Good luck!
Elle

Re: Around Jo'burg

Post by Elle »

What happened when you complained to the company?
Clearly you think it is ok to slag off someone's business as your first post without a proper or justified explanation :angry:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
xuesheng

Re: Around Jo'burg

Post by xuesheng »

Hi Elle, that it is my first post should not be of any importance. Perhaps you should think that the experience was so bad at so many levels that I think justified to share it with the readers of this magazine, of which I have been one for a while.
It is not my intention to "slag" anybody, the least debatable fact is that the bikes where not maintained to a rental standard, something about which we all agreed in the tour, and this had to do with tyres, electric system, oil levels and burn, and rear brake lever which was loose and led to problems of its own. The least I can say is that the response of the company was rude and unassuming and that members of the tour said they would not rent again including the organizer.
I would think that this is a personal opinion/experience that the readers of this forum would be interested. It remains personal, but those were the facts.

Return to “Africa”