wud you buy a demo bike

The Things We Ride
CRAIGREVO

Re: wud you buy a demo bike

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I wouldn't hesitate as the manufacturers warranty still stands. It just means you don't have the annoyance of running it in. ;)
c_unit

Post by c_unit »

Yes i did do that in fact. Got my Yamy Ten 1200 with 1100 miles on the clock for £8,995.00 fully loaded. Absolute bargain and worth every penny!!!!!!
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

So Dogman did you go for it? Here's my bike on the press launch. It's the bike in front of the camera bike.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
Farky

Post by Farky »

Too bleeding right I would!

Someone has saved you the boring job of getting the daft initial service done. And yes, we are all fat to protective about how we run engines in to start with. These days the engines are built so much better that they need to be revved to clear the bare metal smooth from it's microscopic fragments so it can run free....hence the importance of that 300 mile service. That's the only bit you'd prefer to know was actually done.

I bought a new 700 Alp and rode 2000 miles in 3 days before first service. Pretty steady running, no big high speed runs and no massive torque pulls from dead but otherwise I rode it the same way I was planning to do in the future and am now at 12.5k. No issues with it at all!

Just make sure you get something worthwhile for it! 3 free labour only services usually is a good deal!
dogman

Post by dogman »

Didn't do much more about it. They are only droppin €600 of the list price, not enough for 3200km's. Have a couple of bikes at the moment so no panic I can wait. Rather buy a new one than pay that price.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I wouldn't have bought the KTM 690 I test rode at the dealers. It only had 400kms on it went well enough but I, for one, gave it a thorough test and then bought a new (0 km) one.

Return to “BIKES”