Thinking of selling the @

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Steve T

Thinking of selling the @

Post by Steve T »

I keep telling myself that I'll never find another bike as clean & sound as this one . . .
. . . but I really like to fettle my bikes. This one needs nothing doing to it (well, maybe engine bars ;) )

I've put around 3k miles since I got it in April, along with new tyres, new C&S, new MOT (June 2011). It's had all fluids changed (oil, brake, coolant, forks) and all bearings inspected & greased. As you can see in the picture, it has full Non Fango luggage.

It's a '99 bike on a "T" plate & I'm the 2nd owner. 1st owner never rode it in the winter, just took the panels off of it and cleaned it . . . check out the spokes
Yes, I know, the photo was taken in the snow, but the bike wasn't ridden till days later when it had all gone away :)

It has nearly 31k kilometers on the odo (less than 20k miles & yes, it's an import).
The only small fly in the perfect ointment are a couple of small dents in the tank, caused by the previous owner laying the bike against his trailer when he over balanced whilst moving the bike.

What does the collective think about a price in the region of £3k? Seen several of similar age and condition go at more than this recently.

Your thoughts please . . . .

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Mark Manley

Re:Thinking of selling the @

Post by Mark Manley »

I think in six months time you will regret selling it, but I might be wrong.
The most unhelpful advice you will ever get.
A wise man is one who doesn't make the same mistake once.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Well, seeing as a highlander that wanted to do some off roading called in sick this morning, I decided to do the local club run instead. . . . . . on the @.

355 miles later, having taken in the Newtonmore to Spean Bridge road, Glencoe then Glenshee & home via the Lecht (just realised I've been passed all 3 Scottish ski resorts today :) ), I've decided that the @ can stay in the garage a good while longer.

Chased a 1150GSA most of the day, when he wasn't chasing me ;) and we had a great ride.

So this thread can be closed off . . . . . . . . nothing to see here, move along :)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
africajim

Post by africajim »

Glad you enjoyed yourself on the Forestry commission colours @T!

We settled for the mountain bike ride round the Boar's head for our day off!

Plenty of time yet Steve, the new Triumph isn't out yet!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”