A wild camping this w/end glencoe

RH_SCOTLAND

Re: A wild camping this w/end glencoe

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Al

I take it they still dont mind bikes using the old bridge to get across to the wild camp site just across the river and up the road?
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
moto al

Post by moto al »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Al

I take it they still dont mind bikes using the old bridge to get across to the wild camp site just across the river and up the road?
Not a problem,the only thing is the woman who owns the hotel doesn't like fires,but I pointed out her she doesn't own the land over the bridge and I never leave a mess behind.now she doesn't bother me any more and I'm not barred from her boozer. (thumbs) Al
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote: Al

I take it they still dont mind bikes using the old bridge to get across to the wild camp site just across the river and up the road? Not a problem,the only thing is the woman who owns the hotel doesn't like fires,but I pointed out her she doesn't own the land over the bridge and I never leave a mess behind.now she doesn't bother me any more and I'm not barred from her boozer. (thumbs) Al
moto al
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Another question, is it possible to take a bike down the single track road that follows the River Etive right down to Loch Etive. Is it a public road or private? Never gone right down but have always wanted to take a wee nosey.
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I have been down that route, you can only get as far as a locked gate, just before the start of Loch Etive.
If you have a adventure bike you could get round the locked gate (they claim safety reasons for tree cutting but it has been like this for years) but the road is blocked by a quarry further down the road.
I have complained about this to the authorities but they are only re instating the path for walkers.

This is another lost road as the Victorians went down this road from Glen Coe to the west coast in their stage coaches.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

I'm definately up for this now. Setting off from Hudds @ 9:00am, 300 odd miles :huh:

Will I need food for then evening and water and drink? I will bring my small barbeque and some charcoal. :) At my age I need to keep warm!
moto al

Post by moto al »

Biquad wrote:I'm definately up for this now. Setting off from Hudds @ 9:00am, 300 odd miles :huh:

Will I need food for then evening and water and drink? I will bring my small barbeque and some charcoal. :) At my age I need to keep warm!
hi bud please send me pm tonight and il give you a bell back tonight .cheers .al (thumbs) Ps the weather,s lookin ok
moto al
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

pm sent
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps .sorry to muck you abooot. If your up for it please send me a pm. As there's a change of plan,the reason it's the last bank Holliday w/end in Scotland .plan b wild camping camping on loch fyne +s it's a great site on the loch side we can have a large bonfire on the beach , some of u guys have used the site .now the -s there's nae pub so we have to bring our own ... Cheers al (thumbs) (thumbs)
moto al
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

I'll need to meet up with someone who knows the site or I need some specific location detail for my GPS, lat long or something like that. Cheers Steve

Return to “Scotland”