Re: Route advice needed UK to Greece

Post by heavy »

we use adac in Germany its done online great value ,
have a great trip
regards rikki
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

Breakdown direct covers bike and repatriation and you only buy for the time you're away.
Westbarn1

Post by Westbarn1 »

I'd second ADAC, been with them 3 years now, though to be fair I have not had to use them. They also have what could be useful, but hopefully not needed, medical repatriation cover, which includes by air.
Secondly, will be in much the same areas as you, if you want to meet up at some point. I'm currently in Croatia with the Mrs, but she is flying back on the 17th from Zadar, from which I will be heading down through Montenegro, Albania, Greece, then back via Bulgaria, Romania Hungary etc. well thats the plan at the moment, depends on weather, my only restriction is that I need to be back for work on 15th October :)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks for the suggestions gents, I'll try ringing ADAC this week and looking into Breakdown Direct (thumbs) .
Hi Westbarn1, it sounds like you will be about a week or more ahead of us but I will PM you my number (thumbs)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

ADAC do a good job. Virtually the same cover we have with OAEMTC in Austria which includes European Travel Ins and doesn't cost much to extend to World Wide.

When you look at the cost and bear in mind it is for 12 months and is valid in the UK it is very good value.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've tried ADAC on the number on their website 08005101112 but it doesn't work :unsure: has anybody got another number for them?

*edit*
I rang the ADAC Munich office and was told I had to be a German resident.
Also got a Farcebook reply "Hello, we assume you want to join our company. ADAC membership is only Possible for residents of Germany. Please contact your local club autobobile (AA), whichwill cater for your specific needs. If you have another request please write to [email protected] e-mail"
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Westbarn1

Post by Westbarn1 »

ADAC, got this off another site ' 00 49 94 15 56 73 is the number to phone - and ask for Amanda or Barbara'

I've been with them three years now, so they certainly do take UK members. If your coming through Germany you could stop at one of their regional offices & join, I renewed a couple of years ago at their Freiburg office, the lady there asked me where I was travelling too and as a result walked out with a big wad of maps for the areas I was visiting, all part of the membership:) They also used to do 'green card' insurance for non EEC countries as well, not sure if that is current though.
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Just google images for Tara Bridge Montenegro it's a must do B) (thumbs)
Have a great trip
I of the strom

Post by I of the strom »

Hi Tony and all,

I'll be in Montenegro in Mid-October, heading back to the UK shortly thereafter and happy to hook up or even travel a bit with company on the way back north.
The weather will dictate the route chosen - from up through BH, Solvenia etc, or the Croatian coast, or even the ferry from Split to Italy and into southern France - as I say, whatever is most sensible considering the weather.
Anyone else going to be around ?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Thanks for that.
I'll pm you my number and maybe drop me a text nearer the time (thumbs) .
The plan may have to be cut short if family dictates but otherwise we will just go with the flow. Only booked a 1 way ticket so let's see what happens :unsure: .
All the admin is now finished so we just need to pack the box's and load the bike ready for a 7am start tomorrow :silly: .

Return to “TRAVEL”