Scottish Isles 2014

Where you've been and what you done
Martinl69

Re: Scottish Isles 2014

Post by Martinl69 »

Great report and amazing pictures. I'm heading up to Mull next weekend, not sure I'll get the same weather you had.

Thanks for posting.
xtgaz

Post by xtgaz »

that was brill looks like you had a good time & weather :laugh: (thumbs)
Trev

Post by Trev »

Thanks for posting although has made me jealous, Scotland was my destination of choice for the 5 - 6 days I have off at the end of August but instead went for France again as I'm on the South Coast.
My Grandfather was from Inverness and I have rellies there and on Skye but not been up now for 3- 4 years and never on a bike, your great posts have stirred the embers again - thanks (thumbs)
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Awesome trip report. Cycled up there once before but itching to get back up on the motorbike.
motorbike wrote:Fantastic ...its a truly great country ...especially when the sun shines....from my house in Glasgow's west end i can be in total countryside without traffic lights in under 10 minutes ....i am so spoilt that i am getting fed up with Loch Lomond and try various routes to avoid it....on wednesday my wife and i headed up north on the scrambler via inverary oban seil isle crinnan then home ....STUNNING
This is so true, for me now everything south of Glencoe is the boring stuff.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

steve172 wrote:Awesome trip report. Cycled up there once before but itching to get back up on the motorbike.
motorbike wrote:Fantastic ...its a truly great country ...especially when the sun shines....from my house in Glasgow's west end i can be in total countryside without traffic lights in under 10 minutes ....i am so spoilt that i am getting fed up with Loch Lomond and try various routes to avoid it....on wednesday my wife and i headed up north on the scrambler via inverary oban seil isle crinnan then home ....STUNNING
This is so true, for me now everything south of Glencoe is the boring stuff.
Have you tried heading East? The roads from the Kincardine bridge up towards Crieff and onto Pitlochry are great and there's loads of different routes to choose from. If I wanted a 100 mile, two hour blast from Bathgate, that's where I headed. The problem with the West is there are fewer routes up that side and most are trunk roads, though the A814 past Garelochead and up to Arrochar is a great way to avoid that horrible main road up the side of Loch Lomond. I call the section of the A814 that follows the banks of Loch Long the 'Wibbly wobbly', it's a rollercoaster of a road, turns twists and humps, and it's and great fun. Another great way to avoid Loch Lomond is the ferry from McInroys Point to Hunters Quay, or Gourock to Dunoon (but Hunters Quay used to be cheaper).
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”