Ultimate Addons iphone Charger - Have you had issues with one?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

I used to have one for my iPhone 4. Worked perfectly for the couple of years I used it, would even charge whilst streaming music via BT, running TomTom and recording where I've been. Got a different setup now with IPhone 5 but for different reasons.

Sounds daft but mine had a small rubber push button on it to switch it on and off, along with a green-ish LED. Assume it is on?

- Outsider (via Tapatalk)
...I just want to ride!
IndigoSteve

Post by IndigoSteve »

I have been through several of these. Mainly the spade end that plugs into the phone comes off. I think it might be down to bike vibration.

I've given up with them and gone for a USB socket mounted on the bike and a standard apple 0.5m cable. Works brilliantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Womble

Re: Ultimate Addons iphone Charger - Have you had issues with one?

Post by Womble »

Not had any problems with mine, though the screen is now quite scratched, would be good to get a replacement lid to the case
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I went through three for my S3 all replaced in warranty. The cable ends are cheap and just not strong enough to cope with the case.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

APD_660Ten wrote:Mine has been great so far using it to charge a galaxy s4. I ordered a second for another bike and they told me they aren't shipping them at the moment due to a faulty batch which they are waiting for the supplier to replace. I have seen a few people moaning about the iphone adapter for these though.

Dave. What are you wiring it up to on the peaklife? The narrow pin plug, mini usb or wired to cradle?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I couldn't get the cradle to work as a charger, so I use a mini usb / usb / cigarette socket combo. Having said that I can't get my head round getting the Peaklife to work...

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Yeah - I called them and told them I had two dodgy ones and they confirmed they have themselves been sent dodgy kit and ceased selling that delivery.

Hopefully my replacement from the new stock will come i nthe next few days.

Return to “TECHNICAL”