Ultimate Addons iphone Charger - Have you had issues with one?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Ginger

Ultimate Addons iphone Charger - Have you had issues with one?

Post by Ginger »

I recently purchased an 'Ultimate Addons' iPhone charger to fit to my GS800.

My mate bought one and it looks a great piece of kit - link below.

I ordered one from Amazon - it came but the charge lead end snapped the first time I took it out of my phone, I hadn't even connected it to the bike. The company sent me a replacement.

I fitted the kit but it wouldn't charge my iPhone. I tried the wives phone (just in case it was my phone that had the issue) and it wouldn't charge that, nor my iPad,

I called to my mates house and tried my phone in his kit - charging! So the kit was faulty.

A quick call to them and they send me out a new kit. Well blow me, this one doesn't work either.

Thinking it my be my GS and the can bus system (that I don't understand) I tried it on one of my other bikes but still no joy.

The kit wires directly to the battery so it should be just a simple 'plug and play' affair.

Have you bought one of these kits and experienced similar? I am going to have to contact the company again but I am starting to think they may think I am taking the mick!!

cozi70

Re: Ultimate Addons iphone Charger - Have you had issues with one?

Post by cozi70 »

Which model iPhones have you tried.
I found certain models aftermarket charging systems arnt compatible with all models,ie the 3s stuff won't work with the 4+4s.
The 5 and 5s have a totally different lead that I've not tried?
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Well, there's only one review on the Amazon site, and that's "pants" ... looks like you're not alone!
GB

Post by GB »

I have one of their cases and its great, but I just use a cheap curly usb lead to charge it from a usb socket I've installed. I did look at getting one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPhone-3G-4S- ... 6016.l4276 they do them for the 5 as well, really good quality apparently.
I had one of these for a while http://shop.buybits.com/motorcycle-wate ... -9288.html, it was brittleness (is that a word?) that broke that.
Finally back on a GS :D
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Its the iPhone 4s. My mates is the 4s also. My phone on his kit = charging! His phone on my kit = Not charging !
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Very interesting indeed.

The case is great. I bought a second mount for my pushbike to listen to music and track my ride to work, brill.

The mount on the GS is great.

The charging kit is poo!
GB

Post by GB »

Go for powelet then is all I can say.
Finally back on a GS :D
Bill_J

Post by Bill_J »

Amazon has 30 day return policy so I would send it back straight away. Weird tho that on your friends charger it charges. But then it's electronics so there is a chance that some items just don't work.

I've had an iPhone (4) charger on my bike for some years but the iPhone was getting so hot that I didn't trust it anymore. I've bought a zumo now and has a fixed mount. Works great!
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

I bought one for my Iphone 3GS from an ebay seller called Mr Buy Bits. It worked for 11 months before stopping, I contacted Mr Buy Bits and he replaced it FoC with no questions asked.

I recently bought another cable to power a Peaklife GPS but I haven't got this to work with it - I'm assuming a different amp / volt is needed. So I've stopped using it in favour of a cigarette and USB socket.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Mine has been great so far using it to charge a galaxy s4. I ordered a second for another bike and they told me they aren't shipping them at the moment due to a faulty batch which they are waiting for the supplier to replace. I have seen a few people moaning about the iphone adapter for these though.

Dave. What are you wiring it up to on the peaklife? The narrow pin plug, mini usb or wired to cradle?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Return to “TECHNICAL”