Not Really a Trip Report .......More to praise my F800 :)

Where you've been and what you done
Sloth

Not Really a Trip Report .......More to praise my F800 :)

Post by Sloth »

Hi .. Just completed 1260 miles in 2 days on My F800 Adv basically it was a trip over to see my Daughter in Germany (just outside Paderborn) so travelling light wash bag, change of clothes etc .
Great weather the bike was a fantastic all rounder , over 250 miles to 22 ltrs at 75+ mph cruising speed seat is good for a couple or 3 hours before discomfort . then great for bimbling about and what a great part of Germany they live in .
Anyway I had a great time
IMAG0095.jpg
IMAG0095.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
PaulinBont

Re: Not Really a Trip Report .......More to praise my F800 :)

Post by PaulinBont »

Glad you're happy with the bike-they really are now coming to the fore, quite a lot of stuff over on UGSer showing that people are moving from the 1200's over to the 800's: lighter, more nimble, far better economy etc and are now getting over the "not a proper GS snobbery".

You say your seat is quite comfortable, have BMW sorted out the wooden plank then or have you gone for a non-standard one?
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

PaulinBont The reasons you list are the exact reasons I swopped from my 1200 Gsa .
Because mine is the Adv version or TE or whatever model its it comes with the "BMW Comfort seat" its pretty good but if I was doing that sort trip again I,d maybe use an add on ...air hawk etc :)
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

I test rode one last week (09 model) and found it very vibey through the bars from 5K revs to the red line. Right hand mirror went blurry and I think it would send my fingers to sleep in no time. Are they all like that?
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Hi Ken
Mines not like that at all but mines a 63 plate , its not Vibeless but it isn't bad and never ever blurred the mirrors , I have read a lot of people go up a tooth on the front sprocket to move vibes higher up the rev range (thumbs)
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

there are some vibes on mine, but just did first change of the tyres from originals this weekend(scorpions, lasted 8k) and balanced wheels myself and shes perfect now. lot less vibrations even on high speeds, feels much more stable. do not underestimate wheel balancing on motorcycles!
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

Nice looking bike. I went the opposite way, I had 2 f800gs and have gone back to a 1200 :)
big al

Post by big al »

I do like the the fuel economy of the 800's, but having ridden a few, I still prefer my 1100Gs for the road presence and stability of the slightly larger machine.
Al
COULTERMAN

Post by COULTERMAN »

Having bought my 2009 F800Gs a month ago it came with a BMW comfort seat fitted and mercifully the prev owner give me the original. Thought I had made a big mistake buying the bike as I could not get comfortable on it at all being continually pushed forward in the seat, put the standard seat on and big change for the better. Yes it is a firmer seat but you can move around whereas on the comfort seat you are confined to one spot.
Im 6'1" so maybe if not so tall it would be better, but then you might not reach the ground :) Pro's and Cons!
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

I love my 800gs one of the best bikes ive owned, and obviously the previous xt660z

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”