Yamaha TTR600

The Things We Ride
gteps

Yamaha TTR600

Post by gteps »

Has anyone here ever owned a 1999 Yamaha TTR600 and if so any positive or negative feedback would be most welcome, got one on offer and just need to do a little research first :-)
Current Bikes:

BMW R1200GSA

Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
macdee

Re: Yamaha TTR600

Post by macdee »

i just got a a tt 600 belgarda a few months back and have been working on it since
i had to replace the inlet manifold rubbers and after advice from men here gave the carb a really good clean
if i can help give a shout
ps its the kick start model
gteps

Post by gteps »

Hi macdee,
Thanks for your reply post and thanks for your offer of help and advice, I may well be taking you up on that soon as I pick the bike up on Tuesday :-)
Will keep you informed :-)
Current Bikes:

BMW R1200GSA

Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
gteps

Post by gteps »

Hi macdee,
Thanks for your reply post and thanks for your offer of help and advice, I may well be taking you up on that soon as I pick the bike up on Tuesday :-)
Will keep you informed :-)
Current Bikes:

BMW R1200GSA

Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Hi
I've got an '04 TTR600, and bought it because I wanted a big trail bike, that was still a trail bike :)

It chuffs along happily (but not especially rapidly) on A roads, really at home on twisty B roads and passable (but no enduro bike) off road, and while that doesn't sound very exciting in reality its a great all rounder, and gets used constantly

As a made in Italy bike, i don't think the quality seems up to normal Japanese standards, but it's been 100% reliable, simple and cheap to service and uses very little fuel - which is just as well with the piddling little 10L tank!

I might even spend the money to change a few things, like a bigger tank, wider pegs, better paint on the engine cases and keep it forever!

Hope you're as happy with yours :)
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Very well described ggp59, a very good short summary of a great trail bike!

Good choice gteps I'm sure you will have loads of fun with it.
Freeflyeuphoria

Post by Freeflyeuphoria »

Had a HEAVY! 84 US import TT600 desert bike. Pig to start when hot!
Long distance unsupported adventure biker, Enduro racer and lover of travel and true adventure ...........

Return to “BIKES”