your first experience

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
StephenMac

Re: your first experience

Post by StephenMac »

1979-1981 Berlin Wall my ride was a AFV 432 with 30mm Rarden cannon. Watching the east german border guards watching us. A great trip. lol
I've been a wild rover for many's a year...............
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Not sure if this counts , but my first was into Ireland, bad time at home chasing my future wife on a honda 250 think it was around 72 and then the biggest influence on me was a job out in Saudi Arabia spent a lot of time there riding out as far as i could into the deserts.

We spent a lot of time setting up water and fuel dumps so we could get further and further out, it was a great experience and when camped overnight it was so silent it hurt, think the furthest we got out was around 600 miles as the vulture flew .(that's when the adventure seed was sown)

Back in the UK it all stopped for a long time, i had a bad racing accident and my wife and new family put a stop to all things on two wheels.

Then with the family growing i was allowed a two wheeled beast, and made the odd trip to Assen, le mans , Albacete
In 94 i met up with a riding buddy Strimstrum (martin ) and we travelled together covering all of Europe, and ventured into North Africa Morocco , Tunisia and Libya and the pinnacle so far was circumnavigating the northern hemisphere heading west until we arrived back home.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Nickw909 wrote:In a mini on a carpark off the Stourbridge ring road....

Oh sorry wrong first experience. ....

May 2009, through France and Spain to Portugal and back.

Oh that was you I've missed you and your son's doing well :blush:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
OB1

Post by OB1 »

In 1989 my sister was living in Duisburg, Germany so I decided to visit her on my Harley-Davidson XL883 Sportster. I was only 21 at the time and I had made no plans and didn't even take a tool kit: well, the bike was brand new so why would I need tools? By the time I arrived home, the chain was so slack that I was really having to force it into gear and the headlamp bulb had blown so it had been a mad dash to arrive before it got dark! :whistle:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Kev63

Post by Kev63 »

1985 2up on a Kawasaki GT550 over through the Ardennes, Black Forest to Annecy then back through France.

Just fantastic and I still get that knot of excitement and anticipation when riding off a ferry all these years later. Unless of course its the return ferry !!
Elle

Post by Elle »

it's great to read so many tales & I notice it's prompted a few newbies / lurkers to come forward to have their say, thank you & keep them coming (thumbs)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

moto al wrote:
Mike101 wrote:
moto al wrote:Hi my first trip abroad was in 1973 ,to nice in the south of France.staying in youth hostels ,a great.the bike was a norton commando interstate ,with a quaffe great box, it went like f**k those were the days ?and listening music like David Bowie!Crosby stills Nash and young. The who,carol king and a lot more (thumbs) (thumbs) al
Al i was 18 months old while you were having fun in France.

Mike
. Hi mike I was 20. And today iv a son aged 15. Moto al ,still af his head Glasgow ????????
And long may you continue Al. :)

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Andorra, 1984, when Pas da la Casa was a wooden shed selling cheap booze and fags, not the duty free ski resort urban sprawl it is now. Kawasaki Z1000LTD with the then G/F, (now ex-wife) a set do throw over bicycle panniers and an Army and Navy surplus kit bag. Those were the days, when a pound bought you many Francs and a litre bottle of decent scotch from the aforementioned shed cost about 30 shillings.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Summer 1978... T120's - no idea of what we were doing or going - the initial plan of finding work grape picking in July was always going to be a bad idea :) But ended up in Southern Germany and I saw the Alps for the first time. An abiding passion started...
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Norrie77

Post by Norrie77 »

France 2004 with Alte Wolf (formally of another forum) and his brother Leigh,based ourselves nr Thones and rode out from there daily,Great trip all round followed in 05 by an even better one taking in Germany,Austria,Italy,Switzerland and France. (thumbs) at the time I was riding a R1150RS sports tourer.
0 - 60 in as long as it takes

Return to “THE PUB”