Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

heavy

Re: Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Post by heavy »

hello martin, the wife just asked if we will need any visas to pass the Romanian or Bulgarian borders , still trying to get rid of visitors for middle of august, they love coming on bikes and then wont go home ,
talk closer to time
regardsq rikki
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Hi Rikki

No visas needed as Romania and Bulgaria are both now full EU members. You will need your driving licence and V5 registration documents for the bike (if you are riding someone else's bike then V5 plus a letter from the owner confirming his/her agreement to you using the bike).

If you reach the Romanian or Bulgarian border and there is a huge line of lorries/cars then simply ride up the outside of them to the front - some of the trucks sit there for a couple of days but at the front there are different lanes for cars/bikes.

The border crossings at Romania and Bulgaria are usually hassle free and very easy if you have a n EU passport. You will probably need some euros when crossing into Bulgaria from Romania as there is no land border as the Danube acts as the line between the two countries. There are bridge crossings at Vidin and Ruse - these are around 6 euros per vehicle to cross but I cannot remember if motorbikes are charged (pedestrians and cyclists are free) - the toll is payable in either Romanian Lei or Euros.

Other crossings involve a ferryboat which is more expensive.

PS..... there are no visa requirements on your trip down from the UK - even Non Eu countries like Serbia/Croatia/Albania/Montenegro/Bosnia etc do not require a visa. The first hint of a visa in this area is a Turkish visa (about £10 at the border) or a Russian Visa if you are heading further East.
markoh

Post by markoh »

What date are you planning to leave the meet?

I'm trying to work out when the meet is likely to break up. Maybe this has been posted somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

Cheers
Mark
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

markoh wrote:What date are you planning to leave the meet?

I'm trying to work out when the meet is likely to break up. Maybe this has been posted somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

Cheers
Mark
Markoh, there is no leaving date , everyone is welcome to stay as long as they wish. Think most are thinking around five days .

Martin and the guy's and gals out there have been working hard to ensure you will be entertained with ride outs , on and off road, sightseeing and a few presentations at night. I think we do have a few "foreign" riders attending from Greece and maybe as far as Finland. So maybe they could get the maps out and show us what's good in their home country. There is lots to do and see, so don't worry about getting bored .

As for me i don't have a clue, just let the dice roll and see what happens.
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Just so we can help Ivo and Polly at the camp a little, to make sure he has enough cold beer, food and maybe a few tee shirts could all who are Definitely attending please make themselves known.

Also if there are any other riders who would like to ride with Martin and I from the UK to the camp please leave me a message , we shall be in Ghent ready to go on the 19th (the ones who i have already PM'd need not bother).... thanks

On another note the guy's over there have the ride outs/sightseeing pretty well sorted and in the evening we shall have a few presentations, but if any of you have a story to tell and would like to do a presentation amongst a small group in a friendly atmosphere i am sure there will be an opportunity , so could you please drop me a message if you feel up for it . cheers not long now :laugh: :) B)
chopper

Post by chopper »

Hi chopper and cocker will be there . We can't leave until weds pm 20 aug . Going down thought austria and Hungary doing transalpina and transfagaren sat/Sunday staying at Beszoi sat .perhaps see you on route B)
markoh

Post by markoh »

I'll be there, I've booked a room for the week.
Primarily a red wine drinker but also like the odd beer.

Cheers
Mark
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Plenty of red wine here in Bulgaria Mark (including some home made) and Chopper & Cocker no doubt our paths will cross somewhere on the way down.

I have a flight booked back to Blighty on 16th August and I will be joining Mark Bushman for the ride down.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone - the weather here in Idilevo at the moment is glorious - hot & sunny.

Martin
Pompier

Post by Pompier »

Hi,

I am setting off on the 10th :) and aiming to meander down to Slovakia way by the following weekend then spend a few days doing the roads in Romania (has anyone got hotel suggestions around the North end of the Transfagaran??) so may be at Motocamp around the 21st 22nd (i guess this ok?)

Will monitor your progress down to see if i can meet up.

I will be camping at motocamp.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Hi mate . I went on booking .com . Put in villages in the area came up will quite a few ..but that was a while ago we are staying at brezoi between both trans routes on the road between the two route 7a

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”