Chapel Gate to close for good

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
daytona-supersport

Re: Chapel Gate to close for good

Post by daytona-supersport »

Well no surprise on this one. It's been on the cards for a while now. Shame, I loved those rock steps going in either direction.
Heavysnake

Post by Heavysnake »

Being new to all this I would like the chance to do this trail before it is closed, so I would jump at the chance to come Wednesday, I am on a 800gs.

Antoni
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

Heavysnake wrote:Being new to all this I would like the chance to do this trail before it is closed, so I would jump at the chance to come Wednesday, I am on a 800gs.

Antoni
It would take a fit skilfull and brave rider to ride chapel gate on an 800 gs ;)
felco

Post by felco »

Real shame about this trail closing, got me thinking about the first time I rode it many years ago, I was shown it by mick flyne, the son of mick flyne m/c of Sheffield, great guide(sort of) and bloke, he past away a few years back in a rta,
he showed us lots of other trails in the area, I was on a 200 ktm and struggled, as years have gone by its got easier with all the grading and drainage thats been done, seems that whenever thay start to spend money on a trail thay shut not long after.so its now another night trail.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

mancunian wrote:
Heavysnake wrote:Being new to all this I would like the chance to do this trail before it is closed, so I would jump at the chance to come Wednesday, I am on a 800gs.

Antoni
It would take a fit skilfull and brave rider to ride chapel gate on an 800 gs ;)
Yep, do,able but sump shield a must and not road tyres.
If your bike is not set up for roughty toughty off road going, don't do it on your 800GS. It's too good a bike to get all banged up. See if you can borrow a mates bike. :laugh: :laugh:
NDC.

Post by NDC. »

If this is your only chance of doing it......... Go for it. Start at the North side, its the easiest way up. Going down you should be fine if you take your time. If not just do the North side both ways as thats the most fun (thumbs)

You Tube Xtra Rough Road Channel

Heavysnake

Post by Heavysnake »

The bikes set up for it, but would rather tag along with someone, do any of u guys have this on a map
NDC.

Post by NDC. »

Pm me your email address and will send you a Gpx file :)

NDC.

Post by NDC. »

mancunian wrote:

Antoni

Counts me out then. :lol: :lol:

KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

mancunian wrote:

Antoni
Mmmmmm sounds like a challenge

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”