Devils bridge

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Heavysnake

Devils bridge

Post by Heavysnake »

Had a great ride out today. Bet a nice guy that had been everywhere. And advised me of a route along the claerwen reservoir, great road, but I'm not sure if you are or are not aload to use it. There was private road signs, was i allowed to go this way.

Also when heading back from the beach. The road was closed so I decided to go on the other side of the river to devils bridge and there was a large river crossing, I didn't go across because I didn't know if I was allowed. Anyone have any ideas. If you are

image.jpg
image.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
image_2014-05-18.jpg
image_2014-05-18.jpg (68.46 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
Heavysnake

Re: Devils bridge

Post by Heavysnake »

Also if a signs says unsuitable for motor vehicle does this mean you can't go that way or is it just warning you.
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

Just a warning .... I normaly proseed with caution when I go on those lanes .....
MART
Heavysnake

Post by Heavysnake »

image_2014-05-19.jpg
image_2014-05-19.jpg (102.36 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
There is a better pic
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

Heavysnake wrote:Had a great ride out today. Bet a nice guy that had been everywhere. And advised me of a route along the claerwen reservoir, great road, but I'm not sure if you are or are not aload to use it. There was private road signs, was i allowed to go this way.

Also when heading back from the beach. The road was closed so I decided to go on the other side of the river to devils bridge and there was a large river crossing, I didn't go across because I didn't know if I was allowed. Anyone have any ideas. If you are
Cant help you with the river crossing im afriad but you might want to try these guys who might know http://www.vdsr.co.uk/index.php.

Myself and Byway Billy were riding the Claerwen reservoir trail on Saturday. Luckily when we got to the gate where the sign reads private road, the farmer was out in a nearby field, he told me there is a small section of private road and really you should turn back when you get to the gate. However he also said that as we were not loud (on 660z Tens) and not hooning about we were ok to use it.

The farmer was a nice chap spoke to him for a few minutes. So the key here is to show respect.

Noticed that this trail along claerwen reservoir is in ABR magazine this month, with no mention of the private road signposted next to the wooden bridge. The OS map seems to suggest that a section of it is private as there are no green indications on a small section of the track.

Spotted an ABR sticker up that way on Saturday on a KTM Adventure with luggage, did not get chance to speak with him but if he reads this or it was you Heavysnake...what a place!! Hope you enjoyed it..
I feel beneath the white there is a red skin suffering from centuries of taming.
Rangoonruns

Devils bridge

Post by Rangoonruns »

Yes you can cross here
Only ever done it on a small bike though
Join the trf for all the places you can ride legally
Shameless plug intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldroadrider

Post by oldroadrider »

Re the clarwen reservoir..

There is a small sretch of private road from the bridge for a short distance
and then it becomes a UCR for the remainder (heading generally westwards )
I was told on good authority that the tenant farmer generally doesnt mind but the
landowner does !
Ridden this a few times without problems.. The comment about sensible riding is spot on .. (thumbs)
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

Rangoonruns wrote:Yes you can cross here
Only ever done it on a small bike though
Join the trf for all the places you can ride legally
Shameless plug intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OS shows it as a RUPP so not legal anymore???
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
Heavysnake

Post by Heavysnake »

Cool, thanks guys.
I am a member of the trf just new to the site and stuff
Heavysnake

Post by Heavysnake »

I wish you could just go any where and every where, it's not like we are hurting anyone is it lol.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”