Bringing my boyfriend
On his wee 690 (gay)
Both camping and trails please

Ps joking about boyfriend
beddowsm

Re: Piel - Friday night

Post by beddowsm »

tea007 wrote: Ps joking about boyfriend
Yeah yeah. Bet you turn up with only one tent to share. And a small 2 man tent at that.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

RobertG wrote:Count me in for Friday as well please. I will be getting the ferry over on Thursday and taking some winding route from Troon :silly:

Has anybody got video of the tricky trail sections from last year. Or even a few coordinates to "investigate" on my way there on the Friday. I am windy about taking fully loaded 1200GS (albeit on knobblies)too far off road. :unsure:
Funny you should ask....

This is not the hardest but typical of what you'll encounter, filmed from my 990 Adventure (on a Pirelli MT21 front and a Mefo Super Explorer rear)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
felco

Post by felco »

Put me down for the trail ride please Mike,
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Thats 11 for trail riding on the Saturday morning now. Think its probably enough (may squeeze a couple more in if you are keen).

Most of the trails are away from houses etc etc so I don't mind running a big group. However, the first trail goes through a farm courtyard and we have to open a couple of gates. Ill probably get a scouting party to go open the gates so the rest can ride through. Just so we are not sitting in the courtyard making too much noise etc etc.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Another video of the first lane from last year
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
scoobydidler

Piel - Friday night

Post by scoobydidler »

I've got my name down for Saturday camping. Any ideas what time the Saturday trailride starts as il be having an early start to get there in time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I'm sure Mike will be back soon with the answer but last year we started at 08.00(ish) to get a decent ride in before having to hit the time for the crossing to Piel Island. However I think the low tide is an hour later this year.
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

beddowsm wrote:
This is the start of the first trail. This will be the hardest. Continue along the road to the farm. Pass through some gates into the farm courtyard. You want the gates on the left. The trail is then a rocky climb. On a GS Id say go round but you know your own abilities.

NY309015
Mike I take it you are aware of the advice on Trailwise for High Tilberthwaite?
Drivers are asked to avoid stopping in the farmyard at High Tilberthwaite with their engines running. It is suggested that vehicles stop short of the gate on the tarmac before someone on foot opens both gates through the farmyard. Please also avoid stopping with engines running at the climbers cottage at the northern end

Although I would point out that the Climbers cottage was where we got smiles and waves as we passed last year but of course we didn't stop (thumbs)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

This was possibly the trickiest lane from last year, although the really tricky part was the descent from where the video ends (sorry forgot to turn the camera on for that bit)!
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG

Return to “ABR Piel Island Rally June 6th-8th 2014”