Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Beepee

Re: Recommend me a Rucksack

Post by Beepee »

Kriega R30
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Deuter. Got a 25 litre that can take a bladder. Great bit of kit that'll last for decades.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/deu ... k-ec045745
IainD

Post by IainD »

ysbytymike wrote:Tip for rucksacks. Pop into your local pet supplies and ask for an empty plastic bag the food arrives in. Its great as a liner, 100% waterproof and usually comes free. Been using them for years.
So that's why dogs chase bikes..............

Blacks the outdoor folk do a good (cheap) range.
guyinthejungle

Post by guyinthejungle »

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/drybag-daypack.html

LOMO drybag, cheap as chips and really well made. I've used it all through the winter and its kept everything bone dry.
GB

Post by GB »

Didn't know they did them, I have their roll bag which has been awesome value for money.
Finally back on a GS :D
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Plus one for the lomo, good kit at a good price
BSharp

Post by BSharp »

My personal preference is a berghaus centurio 30, it does have a ally frame to hold its shape (very light) which I find helps when filling it up, its very strong I have put stupid amount of tools in it and it still works fine! I have had mine about 2/3 years and only issue was I wore out the plastic thing on the draw strings! but then again it is aimed a armed forces so got to be strong, due to that its somewhat limited in color choice! Definitely worth the money!

http://store.berghaus.com/p/equipment/c ... ack/434646

As far a keeping stuff dry, I use different colored dry bags, that way if you want you sandwiches your not going to pull your undies out by mistake :P
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

OK, I've got a Krieger R35 and their strap system really works, but it is expensive. Have a look at http://www.over-board.co.uk/ briilamnt range of all sorts of stuff that is more than waterproof - it's submersible (thumbs) and a third of the price of bike gear.

A lot depends on how far/long you're going to ride with the rucksack - too long and you shouldn't even be using one at all, not so far and why bother with a biker 'special'?

Back to Over-board: sign up for their site and get amazing special offers too.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Q plate

Post by Q plate »

I bought an R35 recently, great rucksack but I couldn't get on with the fastening zip at the front, bit of a faff with gloves on & I couldn't see what I was doing with the helmet on. Swapped it for an R25 which I find much easier to use as the fastenings snap together. All blurb about weight distribution is spot on very comfortable but off the bike & walking around I find you have to have to be buckled up you can't seem to have them just over one shoulder :kiss: without it trying to fall off. Horses for courses guess . Bought both second hand and paid the same as a decent North Face one for example would cost, been the right choice I think so far

AL
londonwelsh

Post by londonwelsh »

avoid the Oxford - nice design but x2 burst on me! Karrimor is very good OFF the bike not so brilliant on over long distance. Have to say that having avoided the Kriega on grounds of expense I succumbed and haven't regretted it - quality gear that sits well on the bike with nothing flapping!

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”