Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Travelling Sam

Re: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Post by Travelling Sam »

And while we are doing a bit of name dropping, I'm really pleased to say that Slimbo and Biker FM are going to be at the HUBB UK this year. First time Biker FM will be with us. Excellent!

logoBikerFM.png
logoBikerFM.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
TRIX

Post by TRIX »

Adventure bike show (sponsored by this magazine) every Wednesday from 6 to 8 , if the gremlins do not get us ill be doing the show with Slimbo and Berlinda Sinclair next week, Berlinda is currently riding a C110 as pictured with Nathan above across Australia and ill be in Poland , be good to see Slim at the Hubb and hear the interviews on shows later on in the year.
koala

Post by koala »

See you both there hopefully, be good to catch up. We're thinking of taking the LWR - Aston, Weston etc !!!
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Just a thought. Anyone wanting to keep up to date on Horizons Unlimited get togethers can do so on this link HU Travellers Meetings UK You'll find some more HUBB UK stuff on the relevant link on that page too.
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Thanks for the link :)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

When was the last time you changed your own tyres? Most people I ask that question of can’t remember. Why should they? Buy new tyres and the garage puts ‘em on most of the time.

Of course when you hit the long road it’s a skill that’s very handy to have. For years, Grant Johnson has been running training courses on tyre care, repair and changing, and this year we are lucky that he’s up for doing his session for us. If you don’t already change your own tyres, then you ought to get to this presentation. Hmmm, even if you do, you might learn something useful…
DSC_0143psr.jpg
DSC_0143psr.jpg (89.08 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Looking forward to this years HUBB !
IMGP0498.JPG
IMGP0498.JPG (74.59 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Always makes us smile :)
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Graham Field is presenting this year and has just posted this on the HUBB UK Thread. Good stuff! (thumbs)

I've got this public talking thing down now... well at least I don't shake as much as I used to. Last year I was supposed to do a webcam presentation live from Iraq but the connection went, so having composed a presentation in my head as I rode through Eastern Turkey I found myself with no one to tell my tales to. This year I won't be relying on internet I'll be telling about the trip that lead the the new book Ureka that comes out in May. As well as Iraq and Turkey it covers The Cuacaus region and my new favourite country Georgia. Looking forward to telling why I loved that diverse country which is only the size of Ireland so much.
Graham Field | Overland motorcycle travel author, strong desires and infinite dreams.
IMG_5542GrahamField.jpg
IMG_5542GrahamField.jpg (23.12 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Lizzie wrote:Looking forward to this years HUBB !

Fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing you guys again. Is that your new rig? Are you coming in it this year? Um, showing my ignorance of outfits here, but what is it? :unsure:
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Travelling Sam wrote:
Lizzie wrote:Looking forward to this years HUBB !

Fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing you guys again. Is that your new rig? Are you coming in it this year? Um, showing my ignorance of outfits here, but what is it? :unsure:
Not ours unfortunately, the Ural rig belonged to someone kind enough to let us have a sit in / on it at a previous event.

A rig is on my list of things I'd like to try - I'm not sure I'd want one to keep long term but I bet it would make for a really interesting journey some time, especially if I could persuade Steve to travel in the sidecar :laugh:

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”