what have you done to your bike today??

The Things We Ride
Spike941

Re: what have you done to your the bike today??

Post by Spike941 »

Nothing but thinking about it, shut up in my garage a thousand miles away plugged into the optimate while I read this bloody website and feeling homesick. Well, bike sick. It's actually quite nice down here in Southern Spain at the moment. Just don't tell me the sun's shinning and the roads are dry back home.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Attached a lock to it to keep it safe when I'm away next week.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

Well rode it fog to work came back in sunshime 32.6 miles each way... same as every day for work. tho did the singlettrack diversion yesterday as road was closed :huh: so single track from birdlip to cirencester then normal to swindon just under 50 miles instead of the usual B) will have to try that route without the thick fog as looked good saw jamie witham john mcguiness and john hopper last night at blade triumph/suzuki/kawasaki in swindon was a long day and night but night was good fun with lonepilgrim grant and dan too
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Welll. 9am took the Triumph Legend for it's MOT, 28 days early so it's good for the next 13 months. Went home, Phoned Amal Carbs to order a gasket set and bigger main jet for 63 Matchless. put trumpet away and dug out the KTM. Got KT MOT'd, same as trumpet, 13 months. Went onto reserve heading home so filled up. Got tempted and thought I should check out a few trails. All good, bit gloopy but fun. Got home an noticed the air filter cover was missing. Shit, must have been knocked off when I spun the bike round. I know I should have checked that it was on properly, my fault. Only thing to do was ride back over the roads and tracks that I had been down to see if I can find it.
It was as good a reason as any. Rode the later trails and road, no sign of the missing panel. Was riding better on the trails, sort of getting in the groove. went home and phoned Gear4. Panel £11.00ish and fixing pins a few quid. Not so bad as I have a few quid on credit at G4. Went out and jet washed the bike then rode home tucked it up.
Roads were all nice and dry and it was great blatting about on a sunny afternoon.

Yesterday was fun too another dry sunny day. First ride out on the 63 bike. Just a run from Peterborough to the club HQ in Kettering using back roads where possible. Quite please with the bike, it kept up well with the traffic on the main road bits.
More of an excuse to give this bike it's first outing after taking ownership and sorting out all the previous owners cock ups. Some people should not be allowed anywhere near a tool shop or to touch anything mechanical without supervision.
Funny as heck getting the feet mixed up jumping from bike to bike. On old Brit bikes the gear lever and brake levers are on opposite sides to modern bikes. Also the gear selection is opposite, up for first, then down to change up. Add this to the braking being rather more interesting and as you may surmise, One had better have one's shit together. :laugh:
Can't wait to get the 50 comp bike back in one piece.

Hey Spike, The roads are fine and the suns shining back here. (thumbs)
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

johnzxr750 wrote:Well rode it fog to work came back in sunshime 35miles each wsy same as every day for work tho did the singlettrack diversion yesterday as road was closed :huh:
+1 but

Fog both ways :(
No diversions (thumbs) but loads of road works :S
Must have filtered past 100 tin cans sitting at road work traffic lights :evil: :whistle:
North and West Yorkshire should have some great road surfaces come early July :woohoo: so the French do have some uses other than producing wine and cheese :whistle: :whistle: :laugh: B)

Tour De France routes :S
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Spent the morning servicing and cleaning the 525mxc after the Normandy trip, and then the Aprilia and then decided it was far too clean :laugh: , so headed out to find some lanes.
Up at Newlands Corner bumped into me lad on his XR125L so we both headed home via the pub :whistle: .
The lanes are very dry at the moment, what a difference a week makes.
Tree down on the last lane.
Good old Pegaso, just fits through (thumbs)
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

New battery fitted to my Fant, ready for MOT now....finally. :cheer:
prooney377

Post by prooney377 »

Finally got round to putting the new tax disc on. Riveting.................
Why? Why not?
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Rode it too Sainsburys, rode it home again, counted the number of gear changes.
Happiness has 125cc ...
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

Rode out of London to see a friend. In the sunshine!

Return to “BIKES”