If It Ain't A Harley...

Bikers and riding
skipper

Re: If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by skipper »

after reading that article I need to sell all this Jap crap that I have and buy a good bike, a Harley made in the land of free motorcycles where I can stop for a free coffee at a network of friendly dealers who will all wish me a nice day.Why did I buy these banzi bikes in the first place?
Rollingwheels

Post by Rollingwheels »

Friend of mine has a Harley (Iron) which has had a lot of work on it engine wise(forgive me I'm not mechanically minded) and I can assure you it will do 85!!!

He also has another Harley (not sure which one) that is over 12 years old now, last year he suggesed a week in France/Austria as I had never been on a bike before. In fact it was that trip that made me want to get my licence (passed it just over two months ago). That bike had over 115,000 miles on it, was in pristine condition and never missed a beat on our trip.

I really don't want to cause any ill feeling but what I do remember from my mate was him saying how many bikes we passed (most of the time stopped to see if they needed help) that had broken down, all of them adventure bikes and again from what my mate said they were all "top of the range".

Since passing my test I have bought myself a XT660z which I really love. What I am currently looking for is a second bike; it will be a Harley that I gave no doubt about!

Cheers
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Rollingwheels wrote:
I really don't want to cause any ill feeling

Cheers
You wont, its just good natured banter. Every type of biker is joked about by riders of other types of bikes :)
rhino

Post by rhino »

Mike101 wrote:Now i have finally stopped laughing after reading this article i can say the following...

What complete and utter racist shite!!!!!

And whos going to tell him that Tire has a letter Y in it...yes i know yanks can't spell.

I would pay good amoney to sit oposite thsi guy in a bar and ask him to defend his article.

I bet he doesn't even know where germany is on a map.

Mike
well since Americans invented the rubberized tire and the pneumatic tire I think they can spell it how ever they want.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

rhino wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Now i have finally stopped laughing after reading this article i can say the following...

And whos going to tell him that Tire has a letter Y in it...yes i know yanks can't spell.

I would pay good amoney to sit oposite thsi guy in a bar and ask him to defend his article.

Mike
well since Americans invented the rubberized tire and the pneumatic tire I think they can spell it how ever they want.
Funny I thought John Boyd Dunlop (1840-1921) was a Scottish veterinarian and the recognized inventor of the first practical pneumatic or inflatable tyre!
rhino

Post by rhino »

Nigel wrote:
rhino wrote:

Mike
well since Americans invented the rubberized tire and the pneumatic tires I think they can spell it how ever they want.

Funny I thought John Boyd Dunlop (1840-1921) was a Scottish veterinarian and the recognized inventor of the first practical pneumatic or inflatable tyre!
Charles Goodyear invented vulcanized rubber in1844, Dunlop made the first pneumatic tyre for bicycles and Andre Michelin made first pneumatic for autos but you are correct Dunlap is a Scot

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”