End of football season v Start of adventure season

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveW

End of football season v Start of adventure season

Post by SteveW »

I want to get some trips in ASAP! Loads of places I want to visit, trail rides and crossing the channel. I am free to start my adventures from next month. My problem is Burnley FC are having a good season, with a chance of automatic promotion to the Premier League. Which kind of ties me up at weekends, plus my kids (not so little any more!) like to go and it's one of the few things we do together. So, adventures are on hold until probably the end of the season which is early May, or horror of horrors the play offs which would could extend until 24th May!!!!
So, any fans of Derby, Wigan, N.Forrest, Leicester, Reading, QPR, Brighton. Please get your teams to back off a bit, don't make me wait until the end of bloody May before I can relax!
Philiptigerrice

Re: End of football season v Start of adventure season

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I feel your pain!

I'm a season ticket holder at Hull City, and we need to avoid any FA cup semi final nonsense - we wont win it - and cant afford to get into Europe, so I'm not really arsed.

I live near Ramsbottom, not far from Burnley - and Fatt Matt isn't far either! We often ride out together :)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hopefully, a nice short trip for you to Turf next season (in the PL obviously!)
Philiptigerrice

I took my son as his 4th away game ever a year ot two ago - previously he's been the KC Stadium, Wembley, and Old Trafford.

He just sat there, looked around and said "It's very ... rusty, isn't it daddy"

Lol

He's got no idea about growing up, with crowds of 3,000 and going to Torquay on a wet wednesday night in December! :)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Season ??? :huh:

Summer riding skills are forged in the winter.
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

No problem with the skills, I ride all year. Just the big trips I do are from spring onwards (thumbs)
utaka

Post by utaka »

Believe me you will not enjoy the prem....we don't; 'fans' appear from under every rock in sight, you can tell the 'jump on the band wagon' ones by seeing who is asking the way to the ground and using your version of an A to Z. The extra traffic, Sky dictating when and what time you kick off, Saturday lunchtime/ afternoon/evening, Sunday afternoons or Monday evening. And worse of all listening on Match of the Day to twats Hansen and Savage telling you that you be relegated by Christmas or you're the worst team to ever be in the prem, back in season 04/05 we got that from Hansen and we have never forgotten! Like the OP, MY club dictates my all my trips, I understand where you are coming from. Last season we should have had automatic promo, I had to watch the playoff final from the Railway Tavern Union Mills Isle of Man(TT time) to fly back for the game worked out very costly! Hopefully we will get to play each other next season, goodluck! (thumbs)
Philiptigerrice

I agree - its 'nice' being in the Prem, and showing your kids the 'big clubs' etc... But the atmosphere of the Championship is miles better - you know where you are with the fixture list, and the financial pressures are off.

Our 'owner / benefactor' (w@nker) keeps banging on about how he's INVESTED £75m into Hull, when what he's actually done is loaned us the money from his other business as a tax write off, and is charging the CLub 5% interest on it!!

And he wants to change the name to Hull Tigers :(

Its pathetic.... Its SO artificial :(
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
utaka

Post by utaka »

Modern football sucks, we would hate to have a mega buck owner, we at Palace sympathise with clubs getting 'raped' of their heritage by the likes of Allam, and Cardiffs Tan, that twat even changed the colours!
As Steve Coppell once said "The only loyalty in football, is the fans to their club". Apart from the famous 'They think its all over, it is now' quote this Steve Coppell one ranks up there with it.
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

The club and it's fans are the only constant, owners come and go

Return to “THE PUB”