Do you travel with your partner?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
DG

Re: Do you travel with your partner?

Post by DG »

Done 1000's of miles 2 up with the missus. At first she didn't really "get it" if I'm totally honest, but after as brief split in our relationship we met up and we took off on the bike for the afternoon, as we were talking things through she told me that she totally understood what all the biking thing was about.

Just yourself with your own thoughts without a care in the world regarding anything else other than the road in front of you with the steady rattle of the exhaust.

Needless to say 18 months later we were married and enjoyed our first trip abroad for our honeymoon on the Ducati I had at the time. Every holiday now we bugger off somewhere on the bike. We both love it! :)
Running Yorkshire Marathon (AGAIN!) for the National Brain Appeal Please visit my page. Thank you. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gavin-pickup1
africajim

Post by africajim »

Fiona and myself travel a lot together, two up sometimes but the last three yrs Fiona's taken her own bike more and more.
Like a few here, I wouldn't want to travel without her, share the experience.
Honda, the power of dreams.
bimota

Post by bimota »

had 10 years in europe 2 up my wife loves bikes and everything to do with them,
she,d probably name more WSB, BSB. MOTOGP riders than most blokes i know.
but the last ten years she rides her own bike and thats even better. (thumbs) (thumbs)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Yep, I couldn't think of anybody I would rather be with.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

I couldn't imagine leaving the hubby behind - I've never been that interested in shopping or scatter cushions so I'm glad I've found a partner who feels the same way ;)
chrisinflight

Post by chrisinflight »

No, I ride alone or in small groups. I`m into more trail riding day/weekend trips than long trips. My partner of 22 years has spent about 4 years on the back of my bikes in our early 20`s. We didn`t own a car and our family then consisted of us two, a jack russell and a bike. That is how we travelled around everywhere with the dog in a rucksack and shopping/laundry on the tank.. About 12 years ago I got her a nice little yamaha 250 custom to try and get her to ride. She ended up just selling it for a profit on ebay. :whistle: I just have a DRZ400 now and theres no way shes going on the back. Its undersprung as it is and I`m not stretching my chain. :lol:
Now, with kids, pets, mortgage, diy, car, family holidays and all the other responsibilities, biking is my hobby and my little escape. (thumbs)
2016 Beta 300rr- In the 2 stroke come-back club!

dave j

Post by dave j »

10 years ago, I had never ridden. I Understood bikers, and been pillion a few tines. I then met my wife, Jackie who had ridden since she was 19. Within 6 months, I'd done my CBT and passed my bike test.

Since then, we've ridden all over Europe, done off-road in Borneo, spend most summers with the tent on the bike and the open road. I couldn't think if anyone else I'd sooner travel with - same mindset.

Long may it continue!
KTM 1290 Super Adventure T - Power!
KTM 690 Enduro R - lighter to pick up
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 - Fun.

Even our dogs are orange.

Only bikers understand why dogs put their heads out of car windows.
jameskaya

Post by jameskaya »

My partner made me do it, made me get the bike. I ride mostly with my partner. She thinks nothing of saying lets nip up to London for a jack and coke and find some digs (from Cornwall). Around Ireland she was pushing to ride further and cover distance. It feels very strange when she is not on the bike as well.
jackass dave

Post by jackass dave »

no ,its my own thing infact i like to travel alone
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

I wouldn't dream of travelling with anyone else than my husband, we both ride our own bikes and at the same pace.
We ride over 20k a year, all of it together :)
When he asked me to marry him, I said "yes.........but can we ride around Morocco as our honeymoon?"
Most of our friends couldn't understand why weren't jetting off to an exotic beach somewhere, but we would rather have the honeymoon picture below than a picture of us being stuck on a beach bored shitless for 2 weeks :)

image_2014-02-09.jpg
image_2014-02-09.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
image_2014-02-09-2.jpg
image_2014-02-09-2.jpg (39.02 KiB) Viewed 1156 times

Return to “TRAVEL”