Anyone using Bennetts or Carol Nash?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
djl50

Re: Anyone using Bennetts or Carol Nash?

Post by djl50 »

I use CN because of the European cover that is included, as already stated very good it is too. Just watch them on renewal as they come in very high. Look round for a better deal and then challenge them, they usually come down a significant amount when you do.

Just paid £191.00 for XT1200z, protected NCB, modified bike, legal protection, and helmet and leather insurance too.

Dave.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

I'm a happy new CN customer. Matched my previous year's price within a few quid. Note the "previous year's price" of £90, not their renewal which went up silly %.

CN got to £102 with all their benefits so am well happy. The euro cover is a real benefit as am planning two trips over to la continent this year

:)
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

I've been with Carole Nash for while now, latest renewal £205 fully comp with business use for a R1200Rt, the first renewal was nearly £300,they soon came down when I mentioned a cheaper quote. Although I've never had to use the European cover yet I'm told it's very good.
Does anyone know if it covers all the countries on the way to the Bulgarian Rally ?
andymac

Post by andymac »

I don't usually change BUT ,,,,,I have got a multy bike policy with bennets, & never had a claim.
last year they said that they could no longer insure me !!!!!
I asked why ??,,,,,answer = bennets no longer insure pillions on "any" bike sir :woohoo:
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Bennetts was almost the cheapest I could find. There were two companies cheaper on comparethemarket.com, but I'd never heard of them and their websites looked really amateur so I steered clear. I'd been with Express for 7 years, but every year I got a ridiculous renewal price and had to phone them with the best quote from comparethemarket.com and get them to match it. This year they wouldn't budge on price and the price was double what Bennetts wanted, so I left.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I'm currently with CN, it was more expensive than the cheapest quote, but like others here, only slightly & the breakdown cover seems to pull that back into line.

I was with MCE for a while, never again though. I moved a few miles down the road & they refused to cover me, then wanted a further £170, £20 more than the entire year for the remaining 3 months or I take out another 12 months at 3x the previous premium. Shopping around to see for myself, even they came back cheaper online. They couldn't explain why their online quote was £300 cheaper. Refused to refund remainder & wanted to charge a £50 cancellation fee. I just went elsewhere.

Cheaper isn't always better
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
fishfood

Post by fishfood »

I've been with the BMW insurance for a few years now with no issues and at a surprisingly reasonable cost. However a couple of years ago I bought a non-BM as a winter runabout and insured that through CN. Price fine, but then I sold the bike a month into a new insurance period. As I then found out,there's a huge element of the CN charge that is non-refundable, like the breakdown cover and admin fees, so I got a tiny fraction of the annual policy charge returned on cancelling the cover.
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

I use Carol Nash for my UK bike because ive found them very good when it comes to claims.
from experiance a broker/insurance companys performance can only be measured when you need to claim.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

andymac wrote:I don't usually change BUT ,,,,,I have got a multy bike policy with bennets, & never had a claim.
I asked why ??,,,,,answer = bennets no longer insure pillions on "any" bike sir :woohoo:
Unbelievable

Do car insurers not allow you to take passengers??
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

andymac wrote:I don't usually change BUT ,,,,,I have got a multy bike policy with bennets, & never had a claim.
Im with Bennetts and insured for pillions. I renewed in May. When did you renew?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “THE PUB”