Honda 1990 CN250 Helix Classic Maxi Scooter SOLD

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
dodursley

Honda 1990 CN250 Helix Classic Maxi Scooter SOLD

Post by dodursley »

SOLD
A Honda 1990 CN250 Helix Classic Maxi Scooter nearly 1 owner from new 26000 miles cheap classic insurance, long tax & MOT good runner recent service..
One of the first Maxi scooters with its 244 cc 4 stroke engine with automatic transmission, electric start, automatic choke, digital instruments, disk front brake, large boot and front storage compartment.

The bike is taxed and MOT'd to September 2014.
The odometer reads 26708 miles I am the 2nd owner I brought it from the original owner via a local motorcycle shop last year. It runs well and was serviced before I brought it. The previous owner was only doing a few hundred miles a year in the recent years from the MOT record.

The bike has:-
A pillion backrest with a bag incorporated into the rear of the pad
A high Honda screen (I think, looks taller than some pictured on other machines)
A 12 power socket in the front compartment for phones/satnavs etc
Original Honda tool kit in tool bag

The bodywork condition is good although there are in-service and storage scuffs on some corners the worst are shown in the close-up pictures.
Tyres are good
Digital instruments all work pictures show the instruments at switch on, when it cycles through the gauges and in normal running.

Good for bumbling around the lanes, very relaxing or commuting, less relaxed but great off the lights!

The bike will be supplied with keys, the V5 and MOT documentation and a CD containing digital copies of the Honda Workshop and Owners manuals and a parts listing and a few articles downloaded from the internet.

The bike can be viewed daytime or evenings with notice, I am retired so can generally be home, however I may be away for some days at a stretch..

Price £650
xrv1.jpg
xrv1.jpg (71.1 KiB) Viewed 496 times
xrv2.jpg
xrv2.jpg (75.42 KiB) Viewed 496 times
xrv3.jpg
xrv3.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 496 times
woodshack

Re: Honda 1990 CN250 Helix Classic Maxi Scooter

Post by woodshack »

Looks comfy enough but would it get me up Porlock Hill for an Ice Cream?
Habitual Bike Changer - seeks two wheeled romance and oppurtunities for adventure and getting dirty.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

Its been up some Cotswold hills, not as steep/long as Porlock (quite) & it does it without me having to change gear, last Sunday we had the ice, but no cream!
woodshack

Post by woodshack »

Looks like there is loads of decent weather protection, I've always fancied trying one out (no space in the man cave though) I've read reports of folks doing some pretty impressive tours on those bad boys.
Habitual Bike Changer - seeks two wheeled romance and oppurtunities for adventure and getting dirty.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

One innovative bit, typical of Honda in those days, is the radiator air exits just below the handlebars giving them a slight warming, just enough not to need heated grips. A pleasant surprise on my first cool weather ride.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”