August Bulgarian Rally.

coolbananas

Re: August Bulgarian Rally.

Post by coolbananas »

Crofty I'm thinking the same thing I'm on a xt660z Tenere ( can sit at 80 mph all day long)
Opsman

Post by Opsman »

I am thinking of starting from Lancashire the Saturday before the rally and will be camping if the weather is not filthy. I looked at the price of the Hull ferry, which is 200 miles nearer to me than Dover, but the price was over £600 return, whereas Dover was £58. If someone was willing to share a cabin, then I imagine the price would come down a lot and might make it feasible.
coolbananas

Post by coolbananas »

Gosh that's almost my entire budget :ohmy:
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

I live nr Hull so will be travelling via Hull ferry, I'm more than happy to share accommodation non the ferry to keep the cost down. Anyone travelling that way and generally wanting to camp I'd be keen to join . The problem of going via Dover if you live up north is the time lost getting down there, you can get off the ferry in Europe from Hull refreshed and ready for a long days ride.
chico

Post by chico »

Re. Hull/Zeebrugge ferry......08716-642121

if you ring them up (P&O) (cant be done online) and ask for/to book a bed in a shared cabin, its pretty cheap, you don't know who you are sharing with, buts that's ok for 1 night...they have a couple of 4 berth cabins exclusively for this purpose, (male/female separate)

about a month ago, I got 1 way (Zeebrugge/Hull) for me and bike for £47....this rises to about £100 in peak times

they don't advertise it on their site.....and i'll add, 2 out of every 3 times iv'e used it, ive had the cabin to myself...
Opsman

Post by Opsman »

Thanks for that info. I will try and book tomorrow. A good nights sleep before the start into the continent, makes a lot of sense. I take it thats the P&O phone number on the top of the message
chico

Post by chico »

yep...that's the number

be interesting to see how much it is in Aug....usually the highest rate that month, I usually try to avoid July/August ferries because prices get silly.....
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

On the sharing cabin thing. About four years ago I did that, I bunked with a guy who was most indignant that he had to share when I turned up, he didn't realise that's what he'd booked.
Anyhow, he was a Japanese special effects director, and great fun, he knew all the Hollywood stars and we got on like a house on fire, made both our trips really. I've still got his business card and an open invite to LA and Japan!
coolbananas

Post by coolbananas »

So why don't those of us who want to do a 5 day or longer ride share the cost of a 4 berth booking from Hull ... at least we will all arrive in Europe at the same time and then continue to Bulgaria as a group.
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

coolbananas wrote:So why don't those of us who want to do a 5 day or longer ride share the cost of a 4 berth booking from Hull ... at least we will all arrive in Europe at the same time and then continue to Bulgaria as a group.
Wise words Coolbananas

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”