Vango New Tents

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Selous

Vango New Tents

Post by Selous »

Hi all, well mid last year I had a sorce mention to me there was to be a new tent aimed at the motorcyclist as 'Adventure riding' & Touring + Camping was on the up.

Well I have just seen the details on Vango web site, & have included the basic details below.

I had waited to look at these at the Caravan Camping show NEC Feb, to compere against other 'bike' garage tents.

Noticed they (Vango £300.00) all start from the 300+ mark!
The 2 Vango are 6.6 kg my Vango Omega 350 is 4.84 kg

I have thought about changing my tent just to cover hte bike when away out of prying eyes, this is why looking at these, if any one has any of the other 2 tents, I would be interested to here your thoughts, comments.

Omega 350 I did look at down sizing to the 250 (2 man) but find loads of room to put our panniers & prep feed just inside if bad weather.

Vango Comparison

I have been looking at a few others including Lone Rider (£450.00!!!!!!!!) & Redverz (350.00)

Stelvio 200
VangoStelvio200Pic.jpg
VangoStelvio200Pic.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
VangoStelvio200Dimenstions.jpg
VangoStelvio200Dimenstions.jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Turini 200

VangoTurini200Pic.jpg
VangoTurini200Pic.jpg (26.73 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
VangoTurini200Dimensions.jpg
VangoTurini200Dimensions.jpg (40.44 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Redverz Series II ( Adventrue Bike shop have it as Tenere Exp)

RedverzSeriesIIPhot.jpg
RedverzSeriesIIPhot.jpg (18.51 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

RedverzSeriesIITentDimensions.jpg
RedverzSeriesIITentDimensions.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

Lone Rider
LoneriderMototentPhoto.jpg
LoneriderMototentPhoto.jpg (37.37 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

LoneriderMototentDimensions.jpg
LoneriderMototentDimensions.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
APD_660Ten

Re: Vango New Tents

Post by APD_660Ten »

The Vango ones look like a variation on their Omega XL range which they did last year. Just with a bigger door. Just looking at them, they seem to be compromising the sleeping area, if they are saying this is only now a 2 man I would definitely check it out for real before buying because we all know how snug 2 man can be in tent terms.

Personally, I don't like the idea of what the redverz and lone rider have done by setting the tent exit straight into the porch where the bike is sitting. Could be awkward, much prefer what vango have done as long as they haven't compromised space.

I too use an Omega and can't fault it. On the weight side, 2.5kg extra you can probably cope with but check out how much bigger the pack size is. The omega is quite small for its size when up which is what I liked.
Brads

Post by Brads »

I just bought a new omega 350 from go outdoors for £100. I have a couple of Vango tents and they are superb
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Pack size matters a lot more than weight because I'm not going to be carrying the tent and if I'm worried about a couple of extra kilos I stop short of filling the bike to the top ;)

I like the idea of having a big space that I could fit the bike into but it'd only go in there if it was chucking it down with rain and I wanted to do some minor work on the bike otherwise that space would be used for cooking in and hanging my bike kit up if it was wet.
Andysr6

Post by Andysr6 »

Am I the only one concerned that if the bike falls over during the night (heavy rain maybe) it may land on you?
skipper

Post by skipper »

what next- tow a caravan.
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

Andysr6 wrote:Am I the only one concerned that if the bike falls over during the night (heavy rain maybe) it may land on you?
yeh Andy if your concerned about that get a hotel for the night :laugh:
Selous

Re: Re: Vango New Tents

Post by Selous »

Andysr6 wrote:Am I the only one concerned that if the bike falls over during the night (heavy rain maybe) it may land on you?
No when I first ever saw these tents I was concered about ppl parking them.
On visor down a guy tryed the lone rider out commented, that even if the bike did fall over he doubet it would!!!

I suppose if you have a puck or camel toe fitted and used a side stand, stand the bike the opposite side.
Would reduce the falling over senario but the main thing would be picking your spot.

Re pack away size the redverz looks MASSIV! Pack size.
My Omega 350 goes down quite small,
I did notice the 2 Vango tents the 2nd Tent seems to have 2 entrances, one in to the bike area the other the side.
The first only seems to have one entrance out side.

I must admit i have found even a 2 man Vango seem to have ample space, I know my Omega 3 man would comfy suite 3 bodies sleep mats & fart sacks in the sleep area.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Mike101

Re: Re: Vango New Tents

Post by Mike101 »

I like the look of the vango tents above but not for parking my bike.

I really like the idea of the height and space..its so useable.

I like to have my sleeping bit as just that with my campbed and another bit for my bike gear...but having an area where i can stand up in and get dressed eaisly is just great.

But what i struggle on is a sleeping area long enough for my campbed...most of just too short. they are fine on the floor lenght but as they taper in quickly i loose a lot of length. Not an issue if you are on a mat but a foot up on a campbed is not great.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
samfan

Post by samfan »

Another totally pointless and expensive bit of kit ,lf you want to cover your bike a lightweight cover is about £20 .and how would you do any cooking without sending your bike up in flames ,apart from the getting crushed risk.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”