Until you did!
Dazzer

Re: If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by Dazzer »

:ohmy: I'm off to bed clearly I have had too much to drink :blush:
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

Dazzer wrote:I'm amazed ! We have managed to get to page 6 got right off the subject and still no one's mentioned Charlie Boreman (thumbs)
Subject? Page 6? I'm still stuck on page 3. Who's Charlie Boreman? Is he German? Tumbleweeds blowin' through here, Wind in the Willows . Time for bed.
bull

Post by bull »

Rory Gallagher, rip

he was one of the greatest guitar players of all time, so he was

great video (thumbs)
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

Read this thread & OB1s' link.
Yes if there was no tottie to ogle or rock music to listen to then I would love to put the author of that article right on many points.
I've ridden from L.A. to New York via Canada on a H.D.
Got knocked off in Henderson, Vegas (mate was ogling MILF & didn't see I'd stopped at a junction, she wa fit tho ;) ). No mechanics at Henderson H.D. because it was saturday but the manager let us use their tools, then he charged us the mechanics rates :angry:
People (Americans) would ask what we were doing, we told them, then they would say "What, on them?"

badsanta, your 1st post about poor mans transport, Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari...etc. or motorbike to me is sooo wrong. Driven fast cars, nice, but most days I'd rather take the bike :P
You say "mainy the cruiser market"
Is it?
Or is it just the hype & sh*te we're sold?
Plenty on youtube & internerd riding KLRs, Drs, R1s etc.

Had the pleasure of meeting & chatting with a certain H.D. owner a year ago @ the Yorkshire rally (he's posted on this thread)
Confirmed what I already knew
1. There's good & bad everywhere, you can't judge someone by what they ride. It's like being judged for having long hair & a leather jacket, shallow minded & ignorant :lol:

2. Hog (Harley Owners Group) have alot to answer for for other peoples opinions of Harleys.

3. Harley owners need to drink more, go to bed later & lie in longer.

Rick
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

Can a mod move this to the "if it ain't Harley " thread please
Must av pressed the wrong button
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

badsanta wrote:
sprintster wrote:I've owned bikes for the last 30 years since I was 17 so class myself as a "biker"
I have absolutely NO interest in cars,I own a Rav 4 because I do actually go off-road gathering firewood and live in the Scottish highlands(good in summer,not so good in winter).I can't see a Lamborghini being much good for either.Why spend £100k on a car just to spend most of your time stuck behind Mondeo man.
If I did have a spare £100k I'd be spending maybe £30k on a 4x4 and the rest on a wide selection of bikes!
And if my wife would rather be posing in a Lamborghini than on the back of bike I wouldn't have married her! :)
If you have no interest in cars why do you have a Rav4? You could use a two wheel drive sidecar outfit like a Ural to collect your wood. They will go anywhere a Rav 4 can and a lot of places it can't. The reason to spend 100k on a car is you can afford it and one will have a chaffeur to drive the Toyota Rav 4 or preferably a Porsche Cayenne to collect the firewood on one's estate. I'm talking about people who wouldn't allow the chaffeur to drive something so cheap as a Toyota. I wish I was in that club. I have a car as well as bike and a real biker (and I know only one and he would be approx the same age as you if my addition is right)doesn't have a car,only a motorcyle. If your wife was posing in her own Lamborghini and not on the back of someone else's motorcycle then I'd have married her.
I know we've gone off topic.In fact I had to go back to the start to see what the topic was! :laugh: But if you can't call yourself a biker unless you don't own a car then they must be on the endangered species list in Britain by now.I also have a wife,large dog and four grandchildren under the age of four to consider.Just because I might be happy enough to run around on a Ural outfit all year round I don't expect the rest of my family to do the same.
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

This is the best pub I've ever visited. Read my posts, I'm not knocking anyone or any brand of motorcyle, or the owners. My point is we are so lucky to be able to afford our toys because that is what the motorcycles we ride are. A 20 grand motorcycle isn't a motorcycle it's toy for the seriously rich, same as Lambo's Ferrari's et al.If you can afford a motorcyle and a car as well, then you are rich.
devon john

Post by devon john »

badsanta wrote:This is the best pub I've ever visited. Read my posts, I'm not knocking anyone or any brand of motorcyle, or the owners. My point is we are so lucky to be able to afford our toys because that is what the motorcycles we ride are. A 20 grand motorcycle isn't a motorcycle it's toy for the seriously rich, same as Lambo's Ferrari's et al.If you can afford a motorcyle and a car as well, then you are rich.
NOT rich may be older :P .
most of my frends that own an expensive bike (ie a Harley back to the subject) have work hard to get there dream bike and some including me took a long time to realize are dream
i have run many bikes before i got what i wanted 10yrs ago i bought my Harley ,i could have bought any bike on the market but for me it was a Harley.
i now own four bikes two harleys a buell(thats going in a month) and a Royal enfield.
But i am now reaching 63yrs and have worked hard all my life .
the old saying if you want it badly enough you will get it (took me 50yrs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

devon john wrote:
badsanta wrote:This is the best pub I've ever visited. Read my posts, I'm not knocking anyone or any brand of motorcyle, or the owners. My point is we are so lucky to be able to afford our toys because that is what the motorcycles we ride are. A 20 grand motorcycle isn't a motorcycle it's toy for the seriously rich, same as Lambo's Ferrari's et al.If you can afford a motorcyle and a car as well, then you are rich.
NOT rich may be older :P .
most of my frends that own an expensive bike (ie a Harley back to the subject) have work hard to get there dream bike and some including me took a long time to realize are dream
i have run many bikes before i got what i wanted 10yrs ago i bought my Harley ,i could have bought any bike on the market but for me it was a Harley.
i now own four bikes two harleys a buell(thats going in a month) and a Royal enfield.
But i am now reaching 63yrs and have worked hard all my life .
the old saying if you want it badly enough you will get it (took me 50yrs)
I prefer to view my bikes as rewards for working stupidly long hours and only getting home once a fortnight rather than as rich mans toys. It does seem that the harder I work the less I get to appreciate the rewards but holidays make it worth the effort.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”