If It Ain't A Harley...

Bikers and riding
Dazzer

Re: If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by Dazzer »

Mike101 wrote:
devon john wrote:one thing is missing the big twin Harleys are economical at around 50-60mpg .

and the older one are easy fix bikes,

thers a big demand for early (pre evo) Harleys Japan, USSR,and China are buying up every thing in the states at high prices .
most knockers have never rode one :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

john
I'm not a harley knocker..i like the engines a lot.

What i don't like is the fake image that most harley riders create.

Mike

The same could be said about most so called Adventure Riders !
devon john

Post by devon john »

[quote="Dazzer"

I'm not a harley knocker..i like the engines a lot.

What i don't like is the fake image that most harley riders create.

Mike[/quote]

The same could be said about most so called Adventure Riders ![/quote]

well sead a couple of weeks ago me and a couple of frends ran the Exmoor rally
and we asked for anyone that couldnt make it as we had arranged food for them to let us no.
12 didnt that cost us £120 adventure riders that were afraid of a little rain !!!

i shall never sell my Harleys and will ride them harder than most on here ,

as i sead marmite

john
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

In the past I have planned Harley meeting's which was a long long time ago and since 2002 trail bike meetings. At the Harley meetings you would get 95% of those who said they were coming turn up reguardless of the weather.

With the lets call them the Adventure riders meeting's the % that would drop out with all the usual lame excuses would be about 40% .

I don't see a great deal of difference between some on Blinged up ADV bike's and some of the HOG crew. To me there all just trying to buy into a image!

The funnest thing that happened last week was as I left the cafe in Settle . Dessed in my Klim jacket walking towards my bike 2 chaps one on a Bmw the other on a V strom said hello to me , then turned their back on me when they saw I was getting on the Harley Lol pmsl . And yes they had their panniers on ! So who was posing ? Not me :whistle:
utaka

Post by utaka »

[quote="Dazzer"
. If you have ever owned a old British bike then you will know that the build quality of them was not exactly top quality !

[/quote]

Daz, now you tell me!! :ohmy:
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Utaka . I got shut of the Brit bike because It was causing a oil stain the size of Texas (thumbs)
utaka

Post by utaka »

You have to remember, 'Copying is the highest form of flattery' How many plastic Japanese cruisers just had to be 'V'Twins, and how many of their owners tried to change the silencers to try and imitate the Harley sound? :laugh:
herman

Post by herman »

utaka wrote:You have to remember, 'Copying is the highest form of flattery' How many plastic Japanese cruisers just had to be 'V'Twins, and how many of their owners tried to change the silencers to try and imitate the Harley sound? :laugh:
Ha funny you should mention jap silencers. My wife rides a 250 virago and I noticed it is barking a little on it's standard pipe, not bad for 'p' reg, so I thought I would be buying some new slip ons til I took a closer look. The rearmost one is a dummy pipe to make it look Harley like I presume! The bark is coming from the collector box where the real exhaust lives. :blink:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

utaka wrote:You have to remember, 'Copying is the highest form of flattery' How many plastic Japanese cruisers just had to be 'V'Twins, and how many of their owners tried to change the silencers to try and imitate the Harley sound? :laugh:
Soichiro Honda said "Imitate no-one" and Honda never did. Harley-Davidson had to copy Honda engineering expertise or go out of business. Remember the Harley ad campaign "They don't leak oil anymore". The USA is mainly a cruiser market and would you say the 2014 Indians are Harley copies. If you ride a Harley cruiser and then try another brand in a similar bracket, both bikes will be completely different though the Harley will be more unreliable. No I'm not knocking Harley, I have a '51 Panhead as well as so called "adventure" bike. Who came up with that adventure bike rubbish anyway? They are all motorcycles and ultimately transport for the poor. If I could afford it I, along with most people, would have a Lambo,Porsche,Ferrari etc. Tell me who wouldn't like to say, " Shall we take the Aston tonight dear,or will we take the Lambo" ?............... or would you prefer the motorbike.................
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'll always choose to use a bike rather than a car if I can. Cars are just functional things that take you to work or to the nearest supermarket but as far as I'm concerned they're dull and no matter what the badge stuck on the front they don't have any appeal.

As for being transport for the poor; that'd be why I keep hearing people tell me they wish they could afford a motorbike.
moto al

Post by moto al »

What about . An ingin, iconic well built by Polaris .a very, very rich company.? Time will tell.eh.al
image_2013-12-20-2.jpg
image_2013-12-20-2.jpg (107.74 KiB) Viewed 770 times
image_2013-12-20.jpg
image_2013-12-20.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 770 times
He he
moto al

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”