If It Ain't A Harley...

Bikers and riding
OB1

If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by OB1 »

I was having a browse through the ADVRider forum earlier today when I came across a discussion about buying a 1200 Harley Sportster. Within the discussion there was a link to a page demanding that you should never buy a motorcycle built in Japan, Italy, Germany, Great Britain or anywhere else for that matter. For fun, I decided to read the who diatribe where the author tries to justify why the only bike anyone should ever want to buy would be a Harley-Davidson.

Here is a link to the piece (of propaganda): http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.biz/whynojapbike.html

Obviously, this was written by and for 'Muricans so there is quite a bit of bias… almost to the point where the author might be offered a job with Fox News! :woohoo:

I've read the whole article - I know it's long, but it's well worth it if you want a laugh! Some of the stuff in there seems to be quite libellous to me whilst the rest is just lies!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
scouse

Re: If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by scouse »

Forgetting of course that the majority of parts are actually made in Taiwan... just assembled in Milwaukee ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
OB1

Post by OB1 »

scouse wrote:Forgetting of course that the majority of parts are actually made in Taiwan... just assembled in Milwaukee ;)
Yep… he goes on about Japanese dealers ripping you off and how BMW drivetrains are built in Japan.

I have owned a Harley. I bought a new 883 Sportster in 1989 and the sealed beam headlight blew so I called up the Harley dealer who had a replacement for £45. I showed the unit to a mate who worked in a body shop who said that it was the same unit that Layland used in the Mini. A quick visit to the local motor factor and I bought one for £4.95. All of the markings on the two units showed that they were made in the same factory… in Taiwan!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Now i have finally stopped laughing after reading this article i can say the following...

What complete and utter racist shite!!!!!

And whos going to tell him that Tire has a letter Y in it...yes i know yanks can't spell.

I would pay good amoney to sit oposite thsi guy in a bar and ask him to defend his article.

I bet he doesn't even know where germany is on a map.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Mike your avatar is seriously creepy.

This article is full of hate. [strike]I bet the guy who wrote it married his sister[/strike]. It would be easy to have a pop at the guy who wrote it. In his defence he is a product of the world he lives in.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Brenhden wrote:Mike your avatar is seriously creepy.

This article is full of hate. [strike]I bet the guy who wrote it married his sister[/strike]. It would be easy to have a pop at the guy who wrote it. In his defence he is a product of the world he lives in.
I think my avatar is a true likeness of me...

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

'MURICA! :whistle: etc
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I wonder how a harley would handle our winter and salted roads?

I've never seen one ever used in the wet.

Mike
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Mike101 wrote:I wonder how a harley would handle our winter and salted roads?

I've never seen one ever used in the wet.

Mike
To be fair I see quite a few around here used all winter, and no I don`t like Harleys!
scouse

Post by scouse »

Strangely enough ... based on what some ex-Harley owning friends in the UK have said in the past you could reverse "power sports" for Harley dealership quite happily for most of his comments. Shite service - refusal to do discounts/warranty work/sloppy servicing etc.

Oh yeah and overpriced parts that take forever to be shipped over ... :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”