Trail riding abuse!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
V-Rider

Re: Trail riding abuse!

Post by V-Rider »

minkyhead wrote:not bad at all for a first attempt id say
better tyres and softer pressures ..id guess 24 front 28 rear may help a little ..
part of the problem is the steep rake on the steering that will transmit itself quicker to the bars ..as thats what its designed to do coupled with the short stroke suspension ..so it will always be a little feisty on bumpy stuff im afraid :(

going down one on the front sprocket may help the gap between 1st and 2nd without getting silly on the road
one thing worth checking ..when you mention stuttering ..is thet the side stand isnt slapping up and down over the bumps ..thus actvating the switch and cutting the ignition momentaraly ..

try a cable tie on the stand to see ..if it needs disconecting ,,,but dont forget when you stop ...:evil: :evil:

i think your getting the bug :silly: glad your having fun :laugh:

Cheers minky, I'm not sure on the side stand thing, its one possibility I hadn't considered.

I definately am getting the bug, but not sure if I want to continue doing it on my bike, I'm looking at an XT600 or DR600 or similar for a bit of fun on. Perhaps even a TA? :woohoo:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

minkyhead wrote: one thing worth checking ..when you mention stuttering ..is thet the side stand isnt slapping up and down over the bumps ..thus actvating the switch and cutting the ignition momentaraly ..

try a cable tie on the stand to see ..if it needs disconecting ,,,but dont forget when you stop ...:evil: :evil:
When we went to the farm for a ride, my bike kept feeling like it was going to run out of fuel every time we went over a selection of the field. Now you have said that, it explains it. ;)
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Thinking out loud, if the switch is at fault when off road, how about placing an in line switch to by pass it for off road riding ? that way you still have use of the stand but without the engine cutting out, also if secreted somewhere cunning on the bike it could stop a thieving toe rag from nicking it.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

If the sidestand is the problem fit a stronger spring.

Return to “THE PUB”