New CCM

The Things We Ride
Will

Re: New CCM

Post by Will »

All the negativity is miserable and depressing. An English firm trying to launch a brand new bike should be applauded, not greeted by miserable and parochial comments from people who have no interested in it. Collectively we should want this to work for them and get behind it, whether you are interested in owning one or not.[/quote]

As a ccm owner for last few years that is exactly what I feel :whistle: well said Mike (thumbs)
Bsa A10
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Mike54 wrote:The bike is awesome. The only question in my mind is if the company is capitalised well enough to make it work in terms of distribution, parts and support.

Someone asked above about dealer network - Austin told me there would be no dealer network, that they would handle sale direct and possibly look at specific places for service, or even have their own mobile service guys.

Black Desert training will be doing rideouts on the bike as well in the New Year

All the negativity is miserable and depressing. An English firm trying to launch a brand new bike should be applauded, not greeted by miserable and parochial comments from people who have no interested in it. Collectively we should want this to work for them and get behind it, whether you are interested in owning one or not.
Everything about the bike ticks the right boxes for me (so far) so it's now down to having a test ride and seeing exactly what I can rag out of it B)

I want to like it and it'LL be an improvement on the Tenere when it comes to off road but use it's got to match up for road use as well or I'll be going back to my plan to replace the Tenere with a 690 KTM.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

scutty wrote:But it keeps coming back to those missing horses...................
I wouldn't worry about missing the horsepower; you just get used to it and adjust your riding style accordingly. I migrated from a 1050 Speed Triple to the Tiger 800XC and wondered if I would miss all of that power: the answer was occasionally but not often enough to make it bother me. I went from a bit of a speed freak to someone who enjoyed the journey as much as the ride! (thumbs)
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
scutty

Post by scutty »

I am coming from a 990 SMT - its a big old drop but you're probably right. At least with less BHP my mates will be able to keep up now. :)
scouse

Post by scouse »

bowser wrote: I think a little light weight bike will go nicely with my 990 adventure.
Will go better if you lose some weight as well :D .... you dumped the 1100 then ?

Actually both me and Jules had a sit... and it fitted both of us fairly well.... it's a 450 so it's possible to run one in the Dakar as that is the current bike limit ( or was) and given the new licensing regs this will fit into several niche markets in Europe.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Mike54 wrote:The bike is awesome. The only question in my mind is if the company is capitalised well enough to make it work in terms of distribution, parts and support.

Someone asked above about dealer network - Austin told me there would be no dealer network, that they would handle sale direct and possibly look at specific places for service, or even have their own mobile service guys.

Black Desert training will be doing rideouts on the bike as well in the New Year

All the negativity is miserable and depressing. An English firm trying to launch a brand new bike should be applauded, not greeted by miserable and parochial comments from people who have no interested in it. Collectively we should want this to work for them and get behind it, whether you are interested in owning one or not.
Tell me why I should get behind it becuase im british ? Na sorry that dont cut it camaraderie is long gone in the country and you are deflecting away from the real debate and that is what this bike is being aimed at

Ive said I hope it works out and thats the truth
OB1

Post by OB1 »

bond_yzf wrote:Tell me why I should get behind it becuase im british ? Na sorry that dont cut it camaraderie is long gone in the country and you are deflecting away from the real debate and that is what this bike is being aimed at
And this, along with the British work ethic and unions, is why we no longer have a decent British motor industry. :woohoo:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

That old chesnut
scutty

Post by scutty »

Stepping away from the politics and back to the bike

Anyone know how hard it is to get a demo ride at the NEC show? I know the CCM is there but I have never tried to use the bike show to demo ride.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

may be worth tryring to ring scutty book your slot in advance ???
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”