sat nav GPX-ride data

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Tramp

Re: sat nav GPX-ride data

Post by Tramp »

I suggets simple is better, so we could have a ...
Europe split into the various countries and add more countries as people upload stuff..

Balkan states and Russia

America if appropriate...

mid east and Africa..

that should cover it the Far east well we could see if its needed.

As for the uk that could be the most popular..

so - wales,scotland, Ireland and the uk by say North,south ,east and west

If people say waht type of File it is [bit ovious really] gpx etc...

Also a Offroad section for Uk to encompass the greenlanes and other stuff..

Morrocco offroad could be in the Africa section..under em Morrocco as its a popular destination and all that...

I agree Alun if some one could do a brief [yes I know its not possible] write up on uploading/downloading routes in the various formats but gpx and gbp? are garmin so one section should do.

maybe we could copy some of the very good stuff off ADV or just be lazy and inc a link:laugh: :laugh: .

Thanks again for including this important section as everyone likes a ride out and if going on a weekend or hols to some part of the uk people can download routes as they see fit.

I`d do the write up but I aint that IT savy..

ow yes and a link to the various sites so people can change formats to suit there various sat navs....

my head hurts....:lol:
scouse

Post by scouse »

What are we looking for a quick FAQ ?

A lot of my spare time is being taken up with my remote learning degree work at the moment but I could knock something simple together in a week or so..
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

Okay, if you click the forum index tab and scrole down you'll find a new section for GPS routes. I've set it up with just the basic cats for now but if it takes off I'll set up more sub cats. i.e. in Europe I'll break it down to France, Italy etc.

I've also set up 'About GPS and GPS routes' for all you techies to tell us what the hell you're doing. Let's see how it goes.
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Cool have posted "How To Make A Trail Map Using Google Earth" there

And will start uploading some routes/ tracks but I'm just off for the weekend so next week

Cheers Alun I hope it takes off

Louis

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”