Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mike54

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by Mike54 »

Just saw that on the rally forum chris, really good. Dave doesn't get any better looking though, but he has excellent taste in curry :laugh:
Mike54

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by Mike54 »

for anyone with a general interest in rallies, the Merzouga rally is going on right now - you can see the guys on the Iritrak system here . Look for Ollie Lloyd who's currently in 16th, right there with the top guys in the world B)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

wonky wrote:This video has just gone online that tries to give a bit of an overview of the All Terrain Rally Challenge, the events, bikes riding etc.

Looks great Chris, inspiring video, Chris

Got me thinking, mmmm - only done one Trail Rally

I last did the Cambrian, way back in 1995

Looks fun
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
wonky

Post by wonky »

johnnyboxer wrote: Got me thinking, mmmm - only done one Trail Rally

I last did the Cambrian, way back in 1995

Looks fun
Wow. Right in the early days that one Johnny! They're goodies, I reckon you would prefer the Hafren/Beacons/Ryedale as they're more trail, less fireroad so probably suit you. I pretty much had a season off but am looking forward to doing more next year. With the possibility of some UK roadbook events, plus lots more affordable international ones it looks like the whole scene is really moving on at the moment. Hoorah!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Cheers Chris

I was right in at the beginning - new concept back then and looking back riding with/against John Deacon and Yoshi Adams was amazing, I'll have to look out the official race vid (younger, slimmer & fitter in those days :whistle: )

Went back to Trials though, in the intervening years as it was my first biking love

I'll probably look out for a more suitable bike through winter, methinks and who knows in 2014
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
skygod

Post by skygod »

I have just done my first season and have got the bug big time for them.
I plan on doing them all next year if possible.

Maybe we could put a little ABR team together and share some transport costs etc etc,,,,,just a thought.

If you are undecided then just try one. I haven`t met anyone yet that hasn`t enjoyed them.
jump2.jpg
jump2.jpg (62.65 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

Having just done my first rally (the Cambrian) my theory is that most people's bikes are just too valuable to them to risk the damage a rally could possibly do.
I was gob smacked to see the size and value of some of the bikes used, and equally surprised at the skill of their riders!
But being realistic the people capable of modifying and actually riding these beasts are surely quite a minority and not the average 'adventure biker'??

I've got a tidy enough TTR 600 that could have got around easily, but was glad I rode my WR (which has quite a low value and easier to ride) when I saw the state of a mint (at the start!) Triumph Tiger 800 at the end!
The thought of even getting an expensive bike stuck in axle deep mud would be enough to discourage me, never mind lobbing it down a slippery forestry road!

As I say no real experience on the matter, just what it looked like to me

I know which one I would have more chance of either affording or riding!

PS. it was a fantastic event and huge fun :)
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

You can register your email if you're interested in updates for next season :)
http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/content/sign-2014
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL

Return to “THE PUB”