Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Rob 110

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by Rob 110 »

thanks for the replies and good points all :)

but i really wanted the reasons why folks hadn't/didn't/won't
then we can maybe address these issues :)

keep posting
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
jaz1259

Re: Who wants to race in UK rallies (Hafren/Cambrian etc) and doesn't? can't? won't?

Post by jaz1259 »

Im really interested just do enduros at the minute and dont do them that well lol. Think next year I will try and get an entry in. I have a 450 ktm with a 15 litre tank am I able to use this bike?
Rob 110

Post by Rob 110 »

yes mate
classes for all bikes and riders :)
classes here http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/content/bikes-list
if you can ride enduro you'll find alot of the going easy
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Yes, of course

It's a misconception that you have to be on a big bike, you can do it on any bike you like apart from a motorcross bike.

the classes are

Multi cylinder
Rally (at present headstock mounted nav tree, fairing, min 18 litres fuel capacity)
sports - up to 450
under 450
2 stroke
up to 349
trail

something like that
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

I'm afraid nobody can help with my issue, I generally work away 11 months of the year, BUT in 12 months I should be moving back to the UK on a more permanent basis :) ...let the good times roll...then probably crash :dry:
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

I think im definately going to give it a go next time round think it would be a good weekend. Is it a good laugh camping on evening is everyone friendly
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Bottom line for me is cash - entry fees at a very reasonable £130-£150, accomodation at approx £80 for two nights, fuel to get there plus for the bike at £100ish, after the Cambrian I needed a new rear tyre and brake linings front and rear (not strictly fair - they weren't new and would have needed them anyway). Beer and food as well, it's a pricy weekend away...worth it, but not something I can do too often unfortunately
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

jaz1259 wrote:I think im definately going to give it a go next time round think it would be a good weekend. Is it a good laugh camping on evening is everyone friendly
Yes, really good laugh. Some events are better than others in terms of the camping side. For example, Kielder is good if you have a tent, as is Ryedale as you camp right there. Other ones like sweet lamb/hafren is hard standing and very exposed, as is beacons and cambrian but there is camping away from the paddock at local sites which is where a lot of the guys go if they don't have a van to sleep in or similar. In terms of terrain, the sprint at sweet lamb is the easiest terrain (mainly fire roads), next is kielder (also easy terrain). Ryedale, Hafren and Cambrian are a bit tougher but still not like enduro terrain.

Just make yourself known before you go, register on the rally moto forum, say hi and hook up with us when you get there.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Money wise, as gooner says, there is your entry, then fuel to get there and for the bike, and parts if you need them. Camping is free/included at kielder, ryedale. Good way to keep the cost down is travel with others in a van or car with trailer etc. Makes a big difference if it's a long way from home.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

jaz1259 wrote:I think im definately going to give it a go next time round think it would be a good weekend. Is it a good laugh camping on evening is everyone friendly
Camping at the Pikes Peak event was a bit grim but we parked up at the top of the track where a lot of people were parking, threw up the gazebo, gathered some firewood and got on with it.

There's usually a burger van in the morning where you can grab something to eat and get a brew if you don't want to bring your own stove and if it's a cold morning any hangover soon fades away.

Return to “THE PUB”