Helping a Complete Stranger -When did you last do so? Have You Ever?

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
P4ulie

Re: Helping a Complete Stranger -When did you last do so? Have You Ever?

Post by P4ulie »

Try & make the world a slightly better place from you being in it. Not much else to say really.

Enjoyed those Corbine, thanks for posting them, as said make a pleasant change from the usual Russian psychopath clips
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
boatman

Post by boatman »

Met some bikers recently, chatted, then was surprised to meet them again much later and a way way off track
so i gave them my map cos their need was clearly greater than mine :)
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

Pay it forward.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
RICK

Post by RICK »

Meet this bloke in Sweden, he missed his ferry to Finland but got a later one.
DAY15-03.JPG
DAY15-03.JPG (79.07 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Jelly wrote:Nice vids there Corbs. :)

I naturally enjoy helping others, I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but that's why I joined the old bill in 2003.

It's just a shame that 99% of my time was dealing with scumbags and idiots, which is why I resigned in 2007. :(
I sometimes get the impression when talking to the old bill (no I haven`t broken the law!)that they are weighing you up, I suppose having a suspicious nature comes with the job and colours your`e opinion of people, or is it just me :laugh:
bikehunter

Post by bikehunter »

I was just going out for a ride with a mate and as we soon set off saw a chap trying to mend a puncture. We had spent a good 30 minutes sorting out 3 holes in his tyres and eventually got him home, then we went for our ride!
Kind of made me think that if that was me with the puncture?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

P4ulie wrote:Try & make the world a slightly better place from you being in it. Not much else to say really.

Enjoyed those Corbine, thanks for posting them, as said make a pleasant change from the usual Russian psychopath clips
Yes agree, I want to leave this world in a better condition than when I entered it, might not be possible but I try. Talking to a couple today and their young lad of about 3 or 4 was fascinated with my bike so I let him sit on it and the look of joy on his face was better than winning the lottery :P
Big Zed

Post by Big Zed »

It's part of my job. I still enjoy it, it gives value to life. The rest of the job sucks :laugh: , but I guess you can't have everything :laugh: :laugh: .
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Always stop to try to help if it looks like someone needs a hand. Like tto think that this has built up a good fund of Karma on which I've made several large withdrawals recently when the boot has been on the other foot.
1. On a very quiet mountain road in Morocco I spun the Vara on a patch of diesel. We had seen less than 10 vehicles in the last hour. Me and the wife were still on the deck when two bikes came down round the bend towards us and stopped. They helped Sue up and helped me get the bike up. No way would I have managed on my own. Hearty handshakes and man hugs exchanged and they went on their way.
2. Back home and returning from a fishing trip along local single track roads. Slowly round a bend and the front wheel goes into some deep (6 inches) sludge left over after a flood the previous week. Lost the front wheel and down I went, only wearing fishing gear. Ouch! Get up. All OK (ish) Try to pick up the bike but can't even keep on my feet its so slippy. Call my mates who should be in the pub. No signal! Options. Either walk last couple of miles or knock at small isolated bungalow and ask to use their phone. An old lady answers the door. I explain. "Come in me dear an I'll make you a cup of tea. Course you can use the phone." Call the pub but no answer. The old man offers to help me pick up the bike. I'm no spring chicken but this guy is over 70 and carrying a bit of weight. I explain how heavy the bike is, but he's nonplussed. "I used to have a triumph. I picked ee up a few times. We go out and sure enough he's strong as an ox and we get the Vara up and running. I return next morning with large box of chocs.
3. Another fishing trip and I park the Vara in a layby. Plenty of room. No problem. When I come back up the cliff some hours later the bike is on its side. RHS footpeg is smashed. Propstand is bent. WTF.. I guess some t**t has u-turned and reversed into the bike and driven off. No way did they not know what they'd done. Once again its the struggle to get er up again. At which point a jogger comes puffing up the hill. We get the bike up and away I go.
Thanks through the ether to all my helpers both past and in the future. I'm looking out to build up my Karma fund again.
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

Whilst wandering around America, I was invited by 5 complete strangers to come and stay the night. Each one fed me, gave me a bed for the night, beer and a good chat about 'the trip', One guy in a hotel I turned up to very late, gave up his room and shared with his pal so that I didn't have to go on searching.
With the same attitude I stopped to shade from the heat by a McDonalds and an old guy who was homeless was there happily singing to himself. I had a spare bottle of Coke which I gave to him and whilst we talked I found out he had not eaten for a few days. One McDonalds later and a couple of bottles of water, he said a prayer for me, and I set off again.
More recently I met Ian Coates on Facebook simply because we have connections with Hebden Bridge. Ian was looking for a place to camp, in Manchester, in March..... he got a bed and fed for two nights at my place, and is now a good friend.

In most cases it cost nothing, you get nothing and there is only common decency to consider. Make a difference in a small way,as as the song goes always wear sunblock...... :cheer:
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.

Return to “VIDEOS”