Moto GP season starts here!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
GB

Re: Moto GP season starts here!!!

Post by GB »

I hope so too, people forget that Honda make 6000000 bikes a year, Ducati make 35000-40000.
Finally back on a GS :D
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

GB wrote:I hope so too, people forget that Honda make 6000000 bikes a year, Ducati make 35000-40000.
I take your point although to be fair the big H don't make 6 gazillion race bikes, I know the argument stands up on the road scene so to speak, however Ducati have been at the cutting edge in race bikes for many years, so pure engineering talent and a passion for racing has to be the reason that they have done so well in the past.
I have wondered how well they would do with Tardozzi at the helm and Vale giving feedback, I suppose it would be a dream team and never likely to happen.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
GB

Post by GB »

It's that making 6000000 bikes gives you the financial backing you need to make and develop race bikes, thats without calling on your car department. No-one wants to see VR do well on a Duc more than me, but I think he will do well to finish in the top three this season.
Finally back on a GS :D
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Unfortunately I agree regarding VR's potential season, I just hope he can tame the beast within a few races, and that the rest don't get out of reach.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
doctorzippy

Post by doctorzippy »

Don't write off the Doctor just yet. Compare the start of this season to when he switched to Bridgestone tyres in 2008.

2008: 1st race, Qatar, Rossi finished 5th, 13 seconds behind Stoner who won the race
2011: 1st race, Qatar, Rossi finished 6th, 16 seconds behind Stoner who won the race

He was 3rd in the next 2 races (Jerez and Estoril), 2nd in the next 2 (Shanghai & Le Mans) and 10th at Mugello. Then 2nd Catalunya and 9th at Donington. His season continued to go up and down with a lot of podiums in the mix. He didn't win until the 17th race, at Malaysia.

Yet he won the championship from Stoner by 93 points. It's a long season, and if they get the Ducati sorted - and they will, of that I'm sure given VR & JB's combined genius, then it's going to be a hell of a season, with the fans the real winners, regardless of who's champion at the end of it...

My money's staying in my pocket, it's too hard to call! :unsure:
Life is a journey, not a destination

Return to “THE PUB”