Enduro style helmet

Does my ass look big in these?
Willy_Eckerslike

Re: Enduro style helmet

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

You could get yourself a nice Bell RT in that price range, but that's probably for another thread.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

I bought one of the Uvex Enduro lids from a German website (something like FCmoto.de), having tried one on locally. Top quality, light enough and quiet when blasting alonmg the tarmac. The visor lifts high enough not to have to remove it when wearing enduro googles.

I think the normal price from a retailer over here is about the £180 mark but I paid in Euros on the website and including packaging it only cost me about £120.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

The S4 is a great helmet as most have said , the only slight problem I had was when it rained small droplets of rain swirled inside the visor. (not dangerous and solved by putting plastic between chin/mouth guard and rubber lining)apart for that slight niggle a light comfortable lid imho
B)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Tramp wrote:Hi Guys ,
how do you find the sizes on the S4 compare to other helmet say the Nolan etc, or does anyone know of a dealer in hampshire that has them to try on , so I can buy one cheaper off fleabay later - "the power of commerce"

my Nolan 103 is medium by the way , it ould be best to try one on first.

cheers
I've just had a quick search but I cant find any dealers by you. :(
What I did was measure my head and ordered the helmet that was in my size range.
I have a 62cm head and the xl is 61-62 an it fits me better than any of my other helmets.
McOo

Post by McOo »

Missus just ordered a Held Takato to look at ..

Image link

Link to seller

It doesn't have the usually extended chin space that most enduro lids have. Trying to look at one in a shop seems impossible, so we just ordered it and will post an initial review when it arrives.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

cheers Craigrevo,
my head is 59cm so thats a large , mine is a long head not round:lol: now to find one cheap. Missed one last week went for more than I wanted to pay.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

At the time I got mine they were all around £75 now they seem to range between £55 and £155. :S Good luck with your search I will keep em peeled for you. ;)
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I was looking at the AGV AX-8 DS.

For some reason, they put the release date back a month... and the price went up from around £120 to £250 :blink: I cancelled my order :angry:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Ive got an Airoh S4 and its a great lid. Only negative point is that it steams up easily and the built in vents dont do a good job at clearing the fog...at least for me anyway. Mine cost £85. Think the cheaper ones dont have visors.

Be wary of size. I always thought I was a large but after trying an S4 on I opted for medium which now its bedded in is a good fit.

Russ, if you havent found one by June you can try mine for size....Ive also got a longer face than round.
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

I'm another one who just recently bought an Airoh S4. It arrived earlier this week so I've only been out with it twice. I paid £64 from a dealer on ebay who told me that he was replacing his stock with the S4 Stripe (apparently the 2011 model) and so was selling them off at cost. I've had a browse and I'm afraid he doesn't have any auctions running currently so think I might have snagged one of the last.

The helmet is well built and fits me like a glove, also the visor has a better locking mechanism for when it's closed than my last lid which relied on friction from the visor screws, which wasn't good enough when travelling on the motorway and used to blow open when you looked over your shoulder - very irritating. The peak is also a better design and catches the wind less, although like has been mentioned it is a bit "whistley".

I suspect if you're not in a huge rush and keep looking often you'll find some more of the older mono-colour ones selling cheap as dealers put in stock of the newer Stripe.

Return to “CLOTHING”