TOURATECH

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Niklas

Re: TOURATECH

Post by Niklas »

I am one of those admitting that I fit some TT equipment to my bike.

But when some people suggest I only ride around the block, they are so very wrong.

And then I just wonder why?
Why is it not ok for people to prioritize?

If people choose 2 steaks and a bottle redwine a day instead, it's their choise.
My choise was to equip my bike.

Or is this simple reverse-snobbing?

Several of the TT/Wunderlich stuff I fitted on my bike have already proven functional, smart, rational, logical and strong when the going gets tough.

Meet me and my wife in UK, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Andorra, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and maybe Morroco during this years biking.
Spot us on our bike away from the tarmac.

Niklas
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

doctorzippy wrote:I don't know what's worse. :unsure:

The daft buggers who spend a fortune blinging up their bikes with overpriced TT stuff.

Or

The daft buggers who seem to be so deeply offended by what other daft buggers choose to spend their money on.

I'm surprised this thread has generated so much venom for people who choose to spend their money on something that is not illegal or harmful to others. I would have thought a forum of world-travelled adventure bike riders would have learnt a little bit more tolerance.

Yes the stuff is overpriced in the UK compared to the rest of Europe. Yes, there probably is better/cheaper stuff out there. But what other people choose to spend their money on and fit to their bikes it their choice.

Anti-Rant Over ;)
This is spot on :)
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

I don't care if peeps buy a so called overpriced bike and i certainly don't give a flying **** if peeps want to buy parts from whoever . I say fair play to Touratach they got there market right and there prices right , if it wasn't right then they would soon be out of business. You certainly would not remain in business very long if you had over priced parts to a public that doesn,t want them.
Why does it bother other people so much as to what marque of machine they ride or what goodies they fit to it ?
I am with Dr Zippy on this one , buy what you want and fit onto it what you want, let it go and let it be .
AdvRider

Post by AdvRider »

As my original post, fit what you want but dont tell me what I should be doing or how I should be doing it, and more importantly dont patronise me just because I have suitable knowledge and the ability to manufacture my own stuff, "Touratech have got their prices right" is my favourite quote of the day so far, maybe include a free dvd of our intrepid duo as well - how many people had heard of Touratech before the LWR............;) ;)
Bushman_uk wrote:I don't care if peeps buy a so called overpriced bike and i certainly don't give a flying **** if peeps want to buy parts from whoever . I say fair play to Touratach they got there market right and there prices right , if it wasn't right then they would soon be out of business. You certainly would not remain in business very long if you had over priced parts to a public that doesn,t want them.
Why does it bother other people so much as to what marque of machine they ride or what goodies they fit to it ?
I am with Dr Zippy on this one , buy what you want and fit onto it what you want, let it go and let it be .
GB

Post by GB »

I'm new to all this adventure bling, but I have to admit blinging up Ducatis with carbon and Buells with various trick parts. My bike has come with a fair bit of Wunderlich stuff, screen, guards, engine protectors etc and the quality of the stuff is pretty good in my opinion, but that is coming from someone who buys his gloves from lidl :laugh:
Finally back on a GS :D
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

AdvRider wrote:As my original post, fit what you want but dont tell me what I should be doing or how I should be doing it, and more importantly dont patronise me just because I have suitable knowledge and the ability to manufacture my own stuff, "Touratech have got their prices right" is my favourite quote of the day so far, maybe include a free dvd of our intrepid duo as well - how many people had heard of Touratech before the LWR............;) ;)
Your post here sounds like people here on this thread have posted something that is directed at you. But after reading this whole thread I did not see anyone doing this.

Where as reading your post it seems that you are having issues with others off the forum.

Having a rant is fine , but no-one here is telling you what to do or patronize you here.

From what I can see some do buy from them , some dont , some make there own stuff , some buy from other suppliers .. Some buy just for the bling factor , some buy bits for proper adventures.

Cheers LWR
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

AdvRider wrote:As my original post, fit what you want but dont tell me what I should be doing or how I should be doing it, and more importantly dont patronise me just because I have suitable knowledge and the ability to manufacture my own stuff, "Touratech have got their prices right" is my favourite quote of the day so far, maybe include a free dvd of our intrepid duo as well - how many people had heard of Touratech before the LWR............;) ;)
I believe LargeWayRound was born long before Touratech came up.
I just didn't know either back then.
:P

Niklas
AdvRider

Post by AdvRider »

I am maybe using a more fastidious attention to detail than is actually required in that case?.

Also just noticed the -1 Karma listing I have earnt, what a load of shite...just goes to show dont speak your mind in case you upset someone, might be a job going with the European Court of Human Rights........they need people who cannot put forward or form an opinion of their own.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

To be fair I don't think that TT stuff could be classified as Bling, as it's functional pure and simple.
Where as if I put Termis and Carbon on the duke I think that's blinging or similarly HD catering for the Chromosexuals.**
We have one life, unless your Bhuddist so enjoy it when, where, how and if you can.

** Before any HD owners lynch me from the nearest tree I've been there.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
moto al

Post by moto al »

AdvRider wrote:I am maybe using a more fastidious attention to detail than is actually required in that case?.

Also just noticed the -1 Karma listing I have earnt, what a load of shite...just goes to show dont speak your mind in case you upset someone, might be a job going with the European Court of Human Rights........they need people who cannot put forward or form an opinion of t

heir own.
to right mate i moto al .ps im not the tufftey club
moto al

Return to “THE PUB”