How do you earn a crust?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
rlkat

Re: How do you earn a crust?

Post by rlkat »

OB1 wrote:Getting a bit jealous of all the glamourous jobs that you lot have done travelling round the world and all... so I thought I'd show you what I do for a living...

Unfortunately, the design... not the girls :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:
With the picture of the ladies you have to cut out the background in photoshop. There are two ways to do this; magic wand or take your time, zoom in and use the pen tool and slowly click round every curve, bump, undulation and detail.

Which way did you do it? :whistle:

rob
I've no idea how to add a signature.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

rlkat wrote:There are two ways to do this; magic wand or take your time, zoom in and use the pen tool and slowly click round every curve, bump, undulation and detail.
The magic wand is for novices ;) It is done with a combination of the pen tool but there's no way that you can get the detail around the hair with that... you have to used channels as well.

You see... 20 years of knowledge and experience... :P
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I started work as a derivatives trader on LIFFE in the City during the mid 80's - when big bang braces and Gordon Gecko were my mentors :unsure: 11 years later after kids came along I got chopped - probably the best and worst day of my life!

Got stuck into various sales and finance roles with a couple of car dealers and fortunately got spotted by a customer from software company, where I somehow took on a position as business development dude looking after software resellers in 16 different countries from Scandinavia, through Eastern Europe to Asia & North Africa. The company were based in States, so racked up a lot of travel in the next 3 years + met lots of great folks.

Then moved on to a then fledgling internet based business, who then got big and greedy. Parted company with them and shortly afterwards SHMBO went through some health probs, so had to cut back on the rushing around and be about to keep the kids in check and an eye on her...

So now work very locally in property and Estate Management (looking after a number of household name sporting personalities & city types), never been so skint - but feel satisfied and true to myself.

The biggest bonus is I'm now working close enough to home, that I manage to get out and ride Katie in the lanes & woods when SHMBO turns a blind eye ;)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

rlkat wrote:
Alphadog43 wrote:snip... but am too ashamed to admit what it is on a public forum :blush:

BMW rider? :P

rob
And Harleys :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blush: ;)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Gavinskii wrote:I started work as a derivatives trader on LIFFE in the City during the mid 80's - when big bang braces and Gordon Gecko were my mentors :unsure: 11 years later after kids came along I got chopped - probably the best and worst day of my life!

Got stuck into various sales and finance roles with a couple of car dealers and fortunately got spotted by a customer from software company, where I somehow took on a position as business development dude looking after software resellers in 16 different countries from Scandinavia, through Eastern Europe to Asia & North Africa. The company were based in States, so racked up a lot of travel in the next 3 years + met lots of great folk

Then moved on to a then fledgling internet based business, who then got big and greedy. Parted company with them and shortly afterwards SHMBO went through some health probs, so had to cut back on the rushing around and be about to keep the kids in check and an eye on her...

So now work very locally in property and Estate Management (looking after a number of household name sporting personalities & city types), never been so skint - but feel satisfied and true to myself.

The biggest bonus is I'm now working close enough to home, that I manage to get out and ride Katie in the lanes & woods when SHMBO turns a blind eye ;)
Have a "KarmaKlub" point for being true to yourself and being happy, feels good dosen't it ;) Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Fascinating to see how many varied careers people have had.

I've been:

University drop out
Then went to Prison - working as a Discipline Clerk (I jest not - what a job title for a girlie) :kiss:
Spent 6 years working in Industrial Water Treatment - sales & then some project management
Time out with our monster
Sold drugs:whistle:
Then moved into HR :evil:
Now work for NHS Blood and Transplant (you may know it as the National Blood Service)

Love my job but wouldn't do it if I had that call from Camelot!

I've been lucky enough to always have jobs I've enjoyed but at the end of the day I work to live (& ride)
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

Redmurty wrote:Was down south on the "Fearless" what were you on cheers Spud ;)
The yarmouth aka the crazy Y
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

Too many to list here but the main ones have been...

Gardener
Games tester for Playstation (yes, it really exists as a job lol)
Motorcycle mechanic
Motorcycle Sales exec

Now i'm back from Africa and unemployed ! Now what ???
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Jinna wrote:
Redmurty wrote:Was down south on the "Fearless" what were you on cheers Spud ;)
The yarmouth aka the crazy Y
Sorry to hijack thread, Jinna have you been back ? cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

no, but i would like to, I know sama do cheap flights for veterans.

Return to “THE PUB”