Rallymoto Sprint - Sunday 26th May

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Rob 110

Re: Rallymoto Sprint - Sunday 26th May

Post by Rob 110 »

for those not been before:
turn right in front of this sign :)
http://goo.gl/maps/E4YYI
Mid Wales Trails offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Rhayader, Llandovery, Monmouth, Shropshire.

PM for details or click: SweetLamb Adventure Bike Academy

https://imgur.com/ZTqhFlL
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

I am in - booked by Burt on my behalf as I could not get the forms via an iPhone and no easy PC access.

I'll be arriving on and racing on my KTM 990 Adventure with TKCs. My first rally although I have completed two weekends training at the complex ... what could go wrong?

Anyone camping on the Saturday night at the Sweet Lamb complex? If there are a number it may be worth organising a BBQ and a couple of beers (not a lot in my case as I WILL need a clear head!).
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
Dysan

Post by Dysan »

I think we're going down the night before and camping. Not been before so I've no idea whether there's any food available nearby and haven't had chance to look yet.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Dysan wrote:I think we're going down the night before and camping. Not been before so I've no idea whether there's any food available nearby and haven't had chance to look yet.
I've not camped there before because the bright lights of Llanidloes are too much of a lure but I doubt if there'll be any catering there on the Saturday night. There'll be a bacon butty van there Sunday morning and there'll be chemical toilets so you don't have to sneak into the woods with a toilet roll but I'm not expecting anything else.

I think we'll be arriving late afternoon and sorting out a suitable spot for the tents and gazebo but after that it's just a case of firing up the bbq and getting on with it. There's no point exchanging phone numbers because most phone networks won't have any coverage so anyone wanting to be sociable should look for a black gazebo with a black Volvo saloon near it.
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

That's the sort of planning I appreciate - see you there!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

ross dean wrote:That's the sort of planning I appreciate - see you there!
If you're turning up on the bike and want somewhere safe to keep your kit then you're welcome to join us and leave anything in the gazebo. It's got full sides and a zip up front so it'll keep the rain off and I'm pretty sure it'll be safe or you can leave valuables in the car and hope I don't clear off with them if you'd sooner do that.
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

AndyB wrote:
If you're turning up on the bike and want somewhere safe to keep your kit then you're welcome to join us and leave anything in the gazebo. It's got full sides and a zip up front so it'll keep the rain off and I'm pretty sure it'll be safe or you can leave valuables in the car and hope I don't clear off with them if you'd sooner do that.
Thanks Andy - I'll take you up on the gazebo offer :-)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

ross dean wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Thanks Andy - I'll take you up on the gazebo offer :-)
Not a problem.

pm me in the week before the meeting and we can sort out a few details; I might be able to save you bringing some kit with you and you can share ours.
herman

Post by herman »

Sweet lamb is rocky but unlike pikes peak there is an area to camp in so is a bit more sociable. Llanidloes has a co op type place, loads of pubs and a good curry house. I'm gutted I cant do this one :( One bike in bits, one prepped for sale and a promise to pick up a new KTM for a mate prevents me, enjoy.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

herman wrote:Sweet lamb is rocky but unlike pikes peak there is an area to camp in so is a bit more sociable. Llanidloes has a co op type place, loads of pubs and a good curry house. I'm gutted I cant do this one :( One bike in bits, one prepped for sale and a promise to pick up a new KTM for a mate prevents me, enjoy.
You've got to go :(
Who else will I help over the log just to watch him disappear onto the horizon in a Cyril Depres-esque fashion, leaving me behind? :P
BTW whaddya buying? Are you going to do the Hellas next year?
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”