Which bumbag?

Does my ass look big in these?
Simon_100

Re: Which bumbag?

Post by Simon_100 »

andymac wrote:+1 for keeping the weight on the bike not your back!!
look at the Krieger us5/us10 fender bags,,,very waterproof and very well made :whistle:
Good combi with the tank fitting b¡kit, lots of flexibility

No, I'm not a shareholder :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

GB

Post by GB »

I don't use a bumbag but I do have a load of other Kriega stuff :blush: and if they are anything to go by their bumbag will be the tits... see what I did there :laugh:
Finally back on a GS :D
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

+1 for the kreiga r8
Phil

Post by Phil »

Richard Simpson wrote:
bikenav wrote:Can anybody recommend a bumbag or any to avoid? I am looking for something to carry tools/tyrelevers etc, not the visor carrying type, reliability and value for money are the main priorities not bling points, thanks all.
I'd avoid them all if you want to carry tyre levers and heavy tools, because

1) It all adds to the weight you carry

2) They are not the sort of thing you want near your spine if you fall off.

I sometimes have a waist bag on, but position it to the front so it's not so dangerous and the contents can be accessed easier. Usually, it's strapped to the rack of my CCM, but there's no rack on the GasGas, which is when it goes around my waist.

I've had several different types, and they all get very dirty, very quickly, so I'm not sure it's worth investing top dollar in an expensive one.
ive always said this! same as riding with a back pack on, its fine till your off and land on your back. i came of MTB'ing once with a back pack on, landed flat on my back....couldnt walk for a week.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Phil wrote:ive always said this! same as riding with a back pack on, its fine till your off and land on your back. i came of MTB'ing once with a back pack on, landed flat on my back....couldnt walk for a week.
Hi,

I respect your opinion and experience entirely, but how do you know that if you has such a heavy off you wouldn't have had these injuries anyway? Are there any reliable statstics'

I need to carry various stuff like water and nuts, sugar bars, etc. OK, there may be better fixed on the bike but it's just so muchj better to have these things to hand, plus your valuables like the satnav - I hate to invoke a recently re-famed handbag carrier but the blihgters or soooo useful!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Phil

Post by Phil »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Phil wrote:ive always said this! same as riding with a back pack on, its fine till your off and land on your back. i came of MTB'ing once with a back pack on, landed flat on my back....couldnt walk for a week.
but the blihgters or soooo useful!

Regs

Simon
oh yeah, i agree with that. the reason i know the bag added to my injury is that ive crashed tones of push bikes :blush: i had a monster bruise on the back of my ribs where the contents of my bag pused into me. The main thing was as i landed the back pack made me arch my back in impact....at least my chiropractor benefited, he become slighter richer. :P
moto al

Post by moto al »

jack wolfskin bum bag had one for years 100

jack wolfskin hippo bum bag had one for years and nae probs .also not a bad pillow too.cheers al
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

moto al wrote:jack wolfskin bum bag had one for years 100

jack wolfskin hippo bum bag had one for years and nae probs .also not a bad pillow too.cheers al
.sorry still trying to get used to my ipad. .......ok im an arse???? :whistle:
moto al
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Phil wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
but the blihgters or soooo useful!

Regs

Simon
oh yeah, i agree with that. the reason i know the bag added to my injury is that ive crashed tones of push bikes :blush: i had a monster bruise on the back of my ribs where the contents of my bag pused into me. The main thing was as i landed the back pack made me arch my back in impact....at least my chiropractor benefited, he become slighter richer. :P
Sorry to hear that Phil - OK I take your point seriously, but what are we to do . . . you could say that about anything, neck injury caused by crash helmet peaks, etc. Perhaps we should all remember that all the body armour in the world ain't gonna help us be immortal.

That's not meant to be a flippant point. Where I ride the slightest injury can be a disaster as you're stuffed if you can't walk - and if you can you'll have 30-50 kms to go before you van call for help!

Answer - let's be careful out there . . .

Cheers

Simon

Return to “CLOTHING”