Which bumbag?

Does my ass look big in these?
bikenav

Which bumbag?

Post by bikenav »

Can anybody recommend a bumbag or any to avoid? I am looking for something to carry tools/tyrelevers etc, not the visor carrying type, reliability and value for money are the main priorities not bling points, thanks all.
dovey 4

Re: Which bumbag?

Post by dovey 4 »

hi,the kreiga bags are good,waterproof,hardwearing.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

I have a Kriega R8 which is excellent so I would recommend that. Not cheap though and there are other brands doing somewhat similar items. But for me, as I have never had fault with any of my kriega stuff I reckon Kriega is the best by a long way.
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

I have in decades of trail riding tried most, most lasted me about a year maybe two at best, seven years ago I bought a kreiga from mr kreiga at the dirt bike show (and a gent he was too), it is to this day still in service and in great condition despite being stuffed with tools and spares.
So in my opinion there is only one to choose bit deerer than most but worth every penny ;)
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Kriega...
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

+1 For all these comments, never leave hope without it - even though it raises eyebrows in my local coctail bar :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

+1 for kriega but my acerbis has done reasonable service although I have had to sew the waist adjuster in place to stop it falling down (no hips).
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

bikenav wrote:Can anybody recommend a bumbag or any to avoid? I am looking for something to carry tools/tyrelevers etc, not the visor carrying type, reliability and value for money are the main priorities not bling points, thanks all.
I'd avoid them all if you want to carry tyre levers and heavy tools, because

1) It all adds to the weight you carry

2) They are not the sort of thing you want near your spine if you fall off.

I sometimes have a waist bag on, but position it to the front so it's not so dangerous and the contents can be accessed easier. Usually, it's strapped to the rack of my CCM, but there's no rack on the GasGas, which is when it goes around my waist.

I've had several different types, and they all get very dirty, very quickly, so I'm not sure it's worth investing top dollar in an expensive one.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Richard Simpson wrote:
bikenav wrote:Can anybody recommend a bumbag or any to avoid? I am looking for something to carry tools/tyrelevers etc, not the visor carrying type, reliability and value for money are the main priorities not bling points, thanks all.
I'd avoid them all if you want to carry tyre levers and heavy tools, because

1) It all adds to the weight you carry

2) They are not the sort of thing you want near your spine if you fall off.

I sometimes have a waist bag on, but position it to the front so it's not so dangerous and the contents can be accessed easier. Usually, it's strapped to the rack of my CCM, but there's no rack on the GasGas, which is when it goes around my waist.

I've had several different types, and they all get very dirty, very quickly, so I'm not sure it's worth investing top dollar in an expensive one.
Good point Richard - I carry the essential tools in a tool-tube. You can fit them to just about any bike . . . and of course you can't forget to take it with you :)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
andymac

Post by andymac »

+1 for keeping the weight on the bike not your back!!
look at the Krieger us5/us10 fender bags,,,very waterproof and very well made :whistle:
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!

Return to “CLOTHING”