Southwest Meet 05/03/2011

V-Rider

Southwest Meet 05/03/2011

Post by V-Rider »

The southwest ABR group (Myself and Peejay) are meeting for a ride tomorrow at Gordano services on the M5, 10:30am!

We plan on heading down to minehead, lynmouth and back via Taunton to Bristol. Anyone from the area welcome!

We will be riding at a respectable pace (Myself on Versys 650, Peejay on 1200GSA). :)

If you haven't already, join with the SW ABR group, get yourselves in! ;)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Peejay

South West

Post by Peejay »

South West ABR Group--
Versysrider and me heading for the North Devon coast tomorrow. Looping back across Exmoor to Taunton. Departing Services at J19 M5 around 1030. Can meet others on the way

Note to Mods: Trying to get the SWABR group folder started please help.--In hand with Alun
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Peejay

Re: South West

Post by Peejay »

Just realised I've duplicated a post from Versys----sorry
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

mark1150

Re: South West

Post by mark1150 »

Have a great day mate, SSU.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
V-Rider

Re: Southwest Meet 05/03/2011

Post by V-Rider »

Will certainly try to keep it SSU.

Bike sparklingly clean, chain lubed and adjusted, FS365'd, wiring sorted out (majorly bodged on foglights). I think I'm ready for a ride tomorrow! B)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Great innit?
I'm in between getting my gear together for tomorrow, just checked out the new (to me) Coleman peak apex stove and it lives!! £22 on e bay; so result, oil checked, tyres checked, just got to load up and I'm done.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

mark1150 wrote:Great innit?
I'm in between getting my gear together for tomorrow, just checked out the new (to me) Coleman peak apex stove and it lives!! £22 on e bay; so result, oil checked, tyres checked, just got to load up and I'm done.
Where are you off too? Camping :ohmy:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

B) Its what I plan on doing this summer! One and two up, couple weekends a lone, some with SWMBO. Planning on cornwall and wales.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Sorry guys, I've got to get a new front tyre fitted to the Ten tomorrow so I doubt if I'll be able to make it - I'm based in Taunton, but the tyre place is 20 miles in the wrong direction. If I'm done by 11am I'll head out the same way so if you see a black 660Z with a top box and a guy wearing a white lid and a black n' yello jacket flag me down.

I guess you'll be heading along the A39 around the top of the Quantocks, over to Minehead then up Porlock hill. If you fancy a bite to eat the cafe in the carpark on your left as you enter Lynmouth does a nice all-day breakfast.

Don't know about your planned return route, but the road out of (A39) followed by the B3223 to Simonsbath is a nice run, then you can turn left and pick up the B3224 which follows the ridge of the Brendon Hills back towards Taunton. Alternatively follow that for a bit, then turn right back onto the B3223 towards Dulverton (if you're doing the Nature Rally it's the checkpoint for Exmoor). The follow the B3227 back to Taunton - it's a great road, personal favourite.

As with all popular routes, keep an eye out for vacant sightseeing drivers, half-blind locals (I can get away with that one as they're my locals), and the boys with blue lights.

If I don't catch you tomorrow, have fun and I'll see you at the next one.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Ok matey, hope you can make it, would be great to have another rider join us!

I've never been down your way before, only as far as Minehead. I've heard that the roads down there can be spectacular - so here's to good weather and clear roads! (Fingers crossed!)

Return to “South West”