Price announced for new BMW R1200GS

The Things We Ride
Alun

Post by Alun »

Here's the press release from BMW

Price announced for the new BMW R 1200 GS.
The latest GS is more advanced, more powerful, more economical and even better value.

BMW Motorrad UK has announced the pricing and launch date for the all-new R 1200 GS, one of the most eagerly anticipated motorcycles of the decade.

Based around a new, partially liquid-cooled Boxer engine, the 2013 GS is the first ever adventure motorcycle to feature semi-active suspension, alongside a host of performance, safety and comfort-enhancing innovations and options.

The R 1200 GS, including the higher specification ‘Touring Equipment’ and ‘Enduro’ variants, will be launched at BMW Motorrad Dealerships on 02 March 2013, with prices starting from £11,395.

Adrian Roderick, general manager for BMW Motorrad, said: “It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce the prices and launch date for the highly-anticipated new R 1200 GS. This stunning motorcycle is more innovative, more powerful and more affordable than ever before. Not only does it pack more in than the much-loved 2012 model, it is also even better value; offering a saving of £200 compared to the 2012 motorcycle with ABS. Once again, BMW Motorrad has raised the bar.”

Pricing overview.

2013 BMW R 1200 GS: £11,395

Features BMW Motorrad partially integral ABS (switchable) as standard.

Available in Alpine White Metallic, Thunder Grey Metallic, Blue Fire Metallic or Racing Red Metallic.

In addition, the 2013 R 1200 GS is available in two higher specification models, which are exclusive to the UK. Both the ‘Touring Equipment’ and ‘Enduro’ variants offer customers a significant saving on a selection of performance, comfort and aesthetics-enhancing options.

2013 BMW R 1200 GS TE (Touring Equipment): £13,815

Standard spec includes:
Dynamic ESA (semi active suspension system)
Enduro ASC with Enduro ABS, Rain, Road, Dynamic, Enduro & Enduro Pro riding modes
LED Headlight with Daytime Riding Light and twin bar rear light
Heated Grips
Tyre Pressure Control
LED White indicators
On-Board Computer Pro
Preparation for GPS
Chrome plated Exhaust system
Cruise Control

R 1200 GS E (Enduro): £12,435

Standard spec includes:
Enduro ASC with Enduro ABS, Rain, Road, Dynamic, Enduro & Enduro Pro-riding modes
Daytime Running Lights
Cruise Control
Cross Spoke Wheels

An overview of highlights of the new 2013 model BMW R 1200 GS:

Completely new air/liquid-cooled 1170cc Boxer-twin, with an output of 125 bhp (92 kW) at 7,700 rpm and a maximum torque of 125 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
Dynamic ESA semi-active suspension for both on- and off-road riding (factory fit option).
ABS and ASC (traction control) settings for on- and off-road riding, as well as different mode-specific Dynamic ESA settings.
BMW Motorrad Integral ABS as standard and improved braking with radially mounted Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers.
Five switchable riding modes which set up the ABS, ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and Dynamic ESA semi-active suspension for on- and off-road use.
World’s first motorcycle including LED main headlight, with automatic activation in the dark (factory fit option). Also featuring integrated daytime running light.
Latest generation Telelever front and EVO Paralever rear suspension, with lightweight shaft drive now running on the left-hand side.
E-gas ‘ride-by-wire’ throttle with optional cruise control.
Ergonomically-optimised and adjustable seat, handlebars and screen (with one-hand operation) for even greater personalised comfort.
New instrument cluster with on-board computer as standard. PRO on-board computer (with extended off-road riding functionality) available as factory fit option.
sidestand

Re: Price announced for new BMW R1200GS

Post by sidestand »

Come on Alun, keep up, they've been out since last Saturday !

Media Mogul like yourself should be in front of the game :whistle:

The Enduro spec looks interesting .....more to keep the GSA boys happy for a year or so until a proper version is released IMO
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Still no answer on service intervals! Triumph 10,000 miles so come on BMW now it`s (partially) water cooled have the intervals been extended :whistle:
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

11.3k doesnt seem like bad value for this sort of bike. I was expecting it to be more...
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
sidestand

Post by sidestand »

waynecoluk wrote:11.3k doesnt seem like bad value for this sort of bike. I was expecting it to be more...
Not bad when you consider that the 1150GS was around that price when it was launched !

Which would be the equivalent of £15.5K in today's money ............roll on March :woohoo:

Mind you, I'm keeping my GSA for at least another year to see how they go .....but I reckon they'll knock the S10 & Explorer off their temporary perches :P
flamair

Post by flamair »

Hmmm

I read the 'BMW have raised the bar' by launching it at a cheaper price as 'BMW are scared witless the new bike will not be as popular so have made it cheaper just in case.'

I may be in the market for such a beast next year but so far, the Triumph has it. It will be interesting to test ride the Beemer though to see if it can convert me. Unlike most, I'm not really a fan of the existing bike (and yes, I've ridden it a fair bit).

I'm open to persuasion though, and the Beemer dealers are generally very good. A nice problem to have I think!!
Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

Or you could buy a MORE capable nearly new Adventure bike such as a 660 Tenere, Transalp etc and spend the other 8-10K on a life changing out of this world motorcycle adventure.

Just a thought... :S
Morph

Post by Morph »

The lightest piece of kit is the one you leave behind...
moto al

Post by moto al »

a trip with mr & ;) mrs touratack!!!!!!
moto al
Ubique 895

Post by Ubique 895 »

*Touring Ted* wrote:Or you could buy a MORE capable nearly new Adventure bike such as a 660 Tenere, Transalp etc and spend the other 8-10K on a life changing out of this world motorcycle adventure.

Just a thought... :S
Sounds a better idea to me Ted!
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"

Return to “BIKES”