Scottish camping weekend in January

Mul001

Re: Scottish camping weekend in January

Post by Mul001 »

Mul001 wrote:
Mul001 wrote:
It's the delicate small fine print in domestic negotiations as to whether Friday is a goer :unsure:
Cooked Tea ... delicate negotiations diplomatically completed successfuly woohoo.

Friday it is. I guess I'm setting off about 10:30am ish. I can meet anyone from Carlisle northwards anytime after that, if it fits in with respective schedules and plans. Alan, I'll be in touch.

Off to pack.

[sub]Of course all this big talk is subject to the weather[/sub].
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Mull ferry lands at Kilchoan, cracking wee basic camp site there. Depending on roads and times we could still follow your route back up to Mallaig road, no point riding back to Red Squirrel the same way we left! And yes, Ardnamurchan is most westerly point on mainland Scotland.

Will pm you Mul, meet you at Lockerbie. Take it you are talking about running up the B7076 instead of motorway? Much better road for a bike.
Mul001 wrote:
RH_SCOTLAND wrote:From Salen to the lighthouse is about 25 miles if I remember correctly. And on dry roads it takes about an hour from Salen. Entertaining and breathtaking run.

If you google the Lighthouse site, there are some photos of what to expect.
Lone-Tiger wrote:
RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Or take the run right out west to the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan. Especially if its gonna be sunny and clear skies.
Had a look on Google Maps...Looks like a good ride out...might be an option??
+1, i'd go. One of THE most westerly points in Mainland Scotland too, erm I think. Never been there so sounds like a good plan. I got fairly close once coming off the wee ferry from Tobermory, but I didn't know it was there, doh !
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
moto al

Post by moto al »

looking forward to next weekend, there is snow forcast bril. hopefully bringing the gespann,if i get probs sorted on suntag.cheers dave for organising the weekend.al
moto al
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Hey Al nothing organised about it just turn up camp have a good time doing what ever you want but looking forward
To getting away for the weekend

Cheers

Dave
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

+1 for looking forward to next weekend.... Tiger lubed and checked over...just my camping gear to sort out now...been snowing today here but it's more like sleet
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

Hope ma new sleeping bag comes in time looks like its gona be COLD brrr...
A wee January sale bargain.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/marmot-s ... olour=1507
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

JiMcI wrote:Hope ma new sleeping bag comes in time looks like its gona be COLD brrr...
A wee January sale bargain.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/marmot-s ... olour=1507
I 'ope you get a chance to use it. :)

If the wind continues to blow the snow sideways you can all call me a fair weather wuss :unsure: It's about 200miles north for me. At least if I do bug out I'll be warm, safe and dry. I am watching the weather closely - there's snow lifts off Rannoch Moor for a good reason. If it's safe I'm still on but by heck it's gotta improve a bit.

I've been over that way in June and there's still snow on the tops so don't underestimate this hanging about :(

Cheers Mul.
raymo

Post by raymo »

few inches in Aberdeenshire -1 at the moment and snowing gently

I have 400m of untreated Icy lane to get to the treated road..
as I am planning Sat morning ride over there (3 hrs in the summer, but I may not take the lecht road:-)), and an over night to test my new bag.. may just do it in the garden :-)

not looking goog , but time yet :-)
moto al

Post by moto al »

come on lads a wee bit of snow!
FuchsPaulStefano1967-2004-Sturz-Schnee-01-5001_2013-01-14.jpg
FuchsPaulStefano1967-2004-Sturz-Schnee-01-5001_2013-01-14.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
im going def
moto al
raymo

Post by raymo »

moto al wrote:come on lads a wee bit of snow!
FuchsPaulStefano1967-2004-Sturz-Schnee-01-5001_2013-01-14.jpg
im going def
RD03 only has 1 side stand, not 3 :-)

Return to “Scotland”