Scottish camping weekend in January

Lone-Tiger

Re: Scottish camping weekend in January

Post by Lone-Tiger »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Taking an XL sleeping bag that my ordinary sized one can fit inside. Airbed. Layers for riding. Bottle o malt. 750ml comfort softener bottle with wide neck. You do not want to get up at three in morning for a pee at that time o year ;-)
:) good shout about the comfort bottle...don't suppose going out for a pee would be enjoyable or warm even!

Bottle of malt is a given though!

Cheers for the info

Brendan
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I have just booked the weekend off work
If the weather's like the last two day's down here we will be ok B)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

Rederic wrote:I have just booked the weekend off work
If the weather's like the last two day's down here we will be ok B)
Weather's been pretty mild...for this time of year anyways!...could change by that weekend but probably not...if it stays like this we should get a good run out on the Saturday :)
Brads

Post by Brads »

So is this weekend a goer on the 18th / 20 th then ??

Anybody got a postcode for where it is ?
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

500 fill duck down sleeping bag purchased...hopefully that will keep me warm :silly: If not the bottle of Glenmorangie will :woohoo:
raymo

Post by raymo »

may nip over on Saturday and try out my new Rab 900 expedition sleeping bag

unless this happens :-)

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-eveni ... -1-2724286
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Right, if its 18 - 20 January I am a definate.

Will be heading up from Lockerbie on the Friday, so anyone coming up the M74 I would be happy to meet for the run up. I can be flexible about my departure time as its not too long a run up.

Cant wait! Packing my panniers already...
Morning Folks.

1. Just had my pass stamped :)
2. Just about to get my new back tyre on in an hour. :laugh:
3. I'm from Carlisle so subject to final negotiations about set off time I could mebbe meet up Lockerbie A road M74. M74 from Carlisle to Abindon Services, I use the old A road.
4. subject to weather ... ;)
5. been a long time since I've been to a "proper" campsite, cor toilets and everything, bloomin luxury.
6. It's a walk up the hill to the Pub, which is good coz it's a roll down the hill after sniffing the barmaids apron. They used to sell real Heather Ale before they changed the recipe and it wasn't quite so good.
7. Will be bringing 2 sleeping bags. My Summery 1 season fits snugly inside the 2 season big job plus thermals, plus S/L liner :)

Carlisle to the "Green Welly" is 170 miles - my first fuel up. Green Welly is only less than 1hr from Glencoe.

Fingers x'd for the weather - i don't have spikes in the tyres ;) so it's gonna have to be reasonable, I'm not suicidal. Providing the heated grips still work it should be doable.

looking forward to it. Al, good to meet up.
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi mull i will be going up friday about lunch time,if you fancy a bit of lunch please pop in,as you will be passing my hoose.cheers.al
moto al
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

Mul001 wrote:
RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Right, if its 18 - 20 January I am a definate.

Will be heading up from Lockerbie on the Friday, so anyone coming up the M74 I would be happy to meet for the run up. I can be flexible about my departure time as its not too long a run up.

Cant wait! Packing my panniers already...
Morning Folks.

1. Just had my pass stamped :)
2. Just about to get my new back tyre on in an hour. :laugh:
3. I'm from Carlisle so subject to final negotiations about set off time I could mebbe meet up Lockerbie A road M74. M74 from Carlisle to Abindon Services, I use the old A road.
4. subject to weather ... ;)
5. been a long time since I've been to a "proper" campsite, cor toilets and everything, bloomin luxury.
6. It's a walk up the hill to the Pub, which is good coz it's a roll down the hill after sniffing the barmaids apron. They used to sell real Heather Ale before they changed the recipe and it wasn't quite so good.
7. Will be bringing 2 sleeping bags. My Summery 1 season fits snugly inside the 2 season big job plus thermals, plus S/L liner :)

Carlisle to the "Green Welly" is 170 miles - my first fuel up. Green Welly is only less than 1hr from Glencoe.

Fingers x'd for the weather - i don't have spikes in the tyres ;) so it's gonna have to be reasonable, I'm not suicidal. Providing the heated grips still work it should be doable.

looking forward to it. Al, good to meet up.
Sounds like a man with a plan :) see you there!

Return to “Scotland”