13 Countries in 13 days

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
david

Re: 13 Countries in 13 days

Post by david »

Lake Geneva to Monaco ride the route de grand alp, 4/5 easy days of some fabulous roads. Laods of camp sites, the last bit to Menton is magic as you see the Sea from the Mountains and slowely wind your way down. Menton is a great Lunch on the beach spot, with plenty of Hotels for R&R???????????? So get the of half to meet you their :whistle:

13 Days you can do so much :cheer:
chopper

Post by chopper »

hi send the wife to greece , and meet her there , better than barcelona . that way you get a rest between rides . enjoy B)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

feelthmagic wrote:Hello all, I read some of your forum posts and it is clear that some of you are very experienced travellers. I am planning a trip in the spring of next year to visit 13 countries in 13 days. UK, Netherlands,Belgium,Luxembourg,France,Germany,Austria, Lichtenstein,Switzerland,Italy,Monaco, Andorra & Spain. Ideally circa 4 hours riding per day?

I am looking at doing this alone and plan to do a mixture of camping and cheap hotels.

Any pointers or advise on any aspect would be welcome.
Mate just go for it and enjoy, there's nothing wrong with riding the bike for the sake of riding the bike. Have a great trip cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

feelthmagic wrote:Hello all, I read some of your forum posts and it is clear that some of you are very experienced travellers. I am planning a trip in the spring of next year to visit 13 countries in 13 days. UK, Netherlands,Belgium,Luxembourg,France,Germany,Austria, Lichtenstein,Switzerland,Italy,Monaco, Andorra & Spain. Ideally circa 4 hours riding per day?

I am looking at doing this alone and plan to do a mixture of camping and cheap hotels.

Any pointers or advise on any aspect would be welcome.
Welcome along to the forum .feelthmagic.

Sounds like a great trip in the plan , enjoy !
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Happiness is a way of travel not a destination .

Enjoy the trip !! Try to take in the Czech republic and Poland smashing places to ride , good food and everything gets cheaper the further east you go.
Between some of your points, i think you are going to do some mile crunching on not so attractive roads, but thats a small price .
The coast road from Spain to Italy is nice if just a little busy, but i agree with some of the others do some long days so that you can have time to sample the true life of the area. Just sit back people watch with a glass of wine, have the bike close by, people will always come over and talk to you.
If you go through a "busy area" like the mountain passes in Switzerland and Itlay try to plan so you do these in the week and not at the weekends and you will have far more fun .
viince

Post by viince »

Bushman_uk wrote:Happiness is a way of travel not a destination .

Enjoy the trip !!

The coast road from Spain to Italy is nice if just a little busy, but i agree with some of the others do some long days so that you can have time to sample the true life of the area. Just sit back people watch with a glass of wine, have the bike close by, people will always come over and talk to you.
If you go through a "busy area" like the mountain passes in Switzerland and Itlay try to plan so you do these in the week and not at the weekends and you will have far more fun .[/quote

+1
much quieter
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Don't forget, it's about you & the bike, you may wish to do it all within thirteen days, but you'll have to take consideration of the bike, meaning, you may want to do it all in 13 days, and why not, but, will the bike be up to the job?

Besides yourself, you'll have to give the bike a day's rest, or so, its only fair, I think.

I couldn't, wouldn't, want to do this much in so little amount of time and not give the bike its due deserts of rest :S
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

Hmm... Now there's an interesting idea. :) id like to know how you get on. I hope 4hrs a day is enough. The a and b roads on the continent are all good but the villages and roundabouts take their toll on time. Dont worry about being on your own a hostel every few nights can help break the lonesomeness. Youve got targets which help. Just bimbling with no goals would be harder for me at least. Enjoy and keep us upto date with plans. Oh nearly 4got ... Welcome :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
Mul001

Re: Re: 13 Countries in 13 days

Post by Mul001 »

david wrote:Lake Geneva to Monaco ride the route de grand alp, 4/5 easy days of some fabulous roads. Laods of camp sites, the last bit to Menton is magic as you see the Sea from the Mountains and slowely wind your way down. Menton is a great Lunch on the beach spot, with plenty of Hotels for R&R???????????? So get the of half to meet you their :whistle:

13 Days you can do so much :cheer:
Id 2nd that :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

Welcome, sounds like a chalenge, good luck and enjoy but be flexable, you never know what you missed untill its passed you by..

Return to “TRAVEL”