Lairyskippy - Off Road C Leader

jayson

Re: Lairyskippy - Off Road C Leader

Post by jayson »

Hi, if you get chance to send me the route that would be great, I think dubber is coming with me to have a little recky of the route, see if my tourances will be up to the job!

Cheers
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Will do, been up to my neck with work stuff recently but as soon as I've completed it I'll send it over. Can you pm me your email address,
cheers
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

Lairyskippy wrote:Will do, been up to my neck with work stuff recently but as soon as I've completed it I'll send it over. Can you pm me your email address,
cheers
Give us break!! Up to your neck in work...............you forget, we know what you do! :whistle: :laugh:
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

MHsnowy wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote:Will do, been up to my neck with work stuff recently but as soon as I've completed it I'll send it over. Can you pm me your email address,
cheers
Give us break!! Up to your neck in work...............you forget, we know what you do! :whistle: :laugh:
But you're not allowed to say as it would break the Official Secrets Act, the Geneva Convention, the Moscow Protocol and summon up the wrath of the Inner Sanctum :lol:
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Right then, a set of proposed routes has been hatched in my feeble brain. The way I've approached it is to create 5 separate sections, each of about 30 miles, consisting of lanes I have ridden, some I haven't and some scenic sections of tarmac in between.

Clearly, we will not be able to do every bit but the plan is that if the weather is particularly bad in some parts, or if some of us find specific sections too difficult (that's me then!), we can simply skirt around it and join the section (and the braver souls) a little way down.

On the day, nobody should feel awkward about saying they don't fancy a particular bit and as my normal riding mates will testify, I will probably be the first to say so :kiss: .......I am known as a Trail Dodger :P

I haven't planned any particular food stops as we all have a tongue in our heads and again, should feel happy to say we want to stop for food/drink/pee/fag (possibly all at the same time?)

If anyone wants the routes emailing to them beforehand send me your email address and I'll fire them over. They are in a Garmin format but I can convert to .gpx if needs be (but I have no idea what that will look like?)

So here goes, a few screen shots of the routes;

Section 1

Section 2

Section 3

Section 4

Section 5

P.S. If anyone wants to use these routes and amend them to their own preferences then crack on, I'm not easily offended :lol: :lol:
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

Just need to know where the end of each lane is, so we can meet you there you rut 'n' rock shy, constantly on the front brake, when the going get tough, the tough fcuk off, trail dodging twat!
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

exrm193 wrote:Just need to know where the end of each lane is, so we can meet you there you rut 'n' rock shy, constantly on the front brake, when the going get tough, the tough fcuk off, trail dodging twat!
If you mattered in my world I'd take note of what you had to say :P
MHsnowy

Post by MHsnowy »

Just need to know where the end of each lane is, so we can meet you there you rut 'n' rock shy, constantly on the front brake, when the going get tough, the tough fcuk off, trail dodging twat!

Don't beat around the bush, say exactly what you mean!
Elle

Post by Elle »

Lairy - thanks for all the effort your putting in to create a novice trail ride.
Please add +1 (Mike) as is able to join me
I'll send you a PM with my email address for the route. I have a Memory Map gadget with OS maps but I'll try to convert the file you send. Failing that, I'll create one.
cheers! :)
PS - I'm on a Serow, Mike rides a DR250
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

No problem Elle.

Return to “ABR Cream of the North Peak District Rally 9th to 11th November 2012”