Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Post by LargeWayRound »

Next year maybe Mick

Cheers for letting us know .

LWR
Womble

Post by Womble »

Avishay (on here as 'Guest') and I will be there, but have decided to stay at the Ceilidh Place in Ullapool as were staying in Bunkhouses on the way there and back figured we would do the same in Ullapool.

Will still be there, but please give the 2 pitches up for others :)

Anyone else going to be in Harris or Lewis before the rally?
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Bongoburns

Post by Bongoburns »

Sorry but pulling out of this one because of what I've read about the midgies & mozzy's still being bad up there. I had enough of them all in May after being bitten badly, even though I had stuff on and it spoils your hols. I even wore my black face net but they were still attacking me. Horrible nasty little things they are. Hopefully I will be at Ecky Thump in October.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Fair Enough Bongoburns ..

Never saw 1 midge at the rally last year , either the rain or wind , or just because of the end of the midge breeding season.

When I talk to the campsite next week, I will get a midge report along with confirming a few other things .

I have removed you from the list , but if you decide that it will be ok to attend then no problems .

Cheers LWR
Bongoburns

Post by Bongoburns »

LargeWayRound wrote:Fair Enough Bongoburns ..

Never saw 1 midge at the rally last year , either the rain or wind , or just because of the end of the midge breeding season.

When I talk to the campsite next week, I will get a midge report along with confirming a few other things .

I have removed you from the list , but if you decide that it will be ok to attend then no problems .

Cheers LWR

Apparently this year it has been really bad for some reason. I was gona post some of my pics of all my bad bites I got but thought best not cos no one may turn up at the rally :lol:

I will follow your midge report and may make a last minute decision if alls well up ther.
Plague

Post by Plague »

I think I may have found a solution to the midges......
nbc.jpg
nbc.jpg (8.7 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Bongoburns

Post by Bongoburns »

Plague wrote:I think I may have found a solution to the midges......
nbc.jpg

It won't work cos they get in all nooks n crannies. :lol:
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hey Bongoburns ---- I live in midge heaven lol all the farmers around here use Avon skin so soft its excelent stuff (not the perfumed one btw) really works, anyway my point is this May June July Aug all midgie months, I can promise you midge season has ended for the year up here :) Ask my GF they love biting her lol
Tony
Bongoburns

Post by Bongoburns »

Tony wrote:Hey Bongoburns ---- I live in midge heaven lol all the farmers around here use Avon skin so soft its excelent stuff (not the perfumed one btw) really works, anyway my point is this May June July Aug all midgie months, I can promise you midge season has ended for the year up here :) Ask my GF they love biting her lol
Tony
Hi Tony,
I will bare your comments in mind in case I change my mind but I did get some nasty bites and am still having nightmares about them all. Inside my tent I had loads of fly catchers dangling around and there was literally thousands attached to them.
phil2378

Post by phil2378 »

hey lwr, im gona have to give it a miss this year due to heading south for funeral on the same weekend :(
i have a couple of mates that were attending with me that will still be attenwill definately make the next one,
cheers, phil
:) :) ;)

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”